Here, we have provided the links containing the study materials, which will help you study and prepare for your B.Tech 3rd Operating System 2020 edition examinations. Referring to the connections we’ve provided below and the links containing the study materials in PDF format, and the list of recommended books that we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you with further details that will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything quickly and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Personal computers and mainframes which come under modern general-purpose computers have an operating system of their own which will help run other programs, such as application softwares. Eg: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Unix, Linux.
Download Operating System Study Materials BOOK PDF
|Operating System notes for B.tech pdf||Download|
|Operating System notes ppt||Download|
|Operating System Pdf handwritten notes||Download|
|Operating System notes for engineering pdf||Download|
|Operating System for engineering Question Paper||Download|
- Modern Operating Systems, Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Second Edition, Addison Wesley, 2001.
- Operating Systems: A Design-Oriented Approach, Charles Crowley, Tata Mc Graw Hill Education”, 1996.
- The Operating Systems: A Concept-Based Approach, D M Dhamdhere, Second Edition, Tata Mc Graw-Hill Education, 2007.
- Operating System Concepts, Abraham Silberschatz, Peter Baer Galvin and Greg Gagne 9th Edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 2012.
- The Operating Systems – Internals and Design Principles, William Stallings, 7th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2011.
- Operating Systems-S Halder, Alex A Aravind Pearson Education Second Edition 2016.
Introduction to Operating System Concept: Types of operating systems, operating systems concepts, operating systems services, Introduction to System call, System call types.
Process Management – Process concept, The process, Process State Diagram, Process control block, Process Scheduling- Scheduling Queues, Schedulers, Operations on Processes, Interprocess Communication, Threading Issues, Scheduling-Basic Concepts, Scheduling Criteria, Scheduling Algorithms.
Memory Management: Swapping, Contiguous Memory Allocation, Paging, the structure of the Page Table, Segmentation
Virtual Memory Management: Virtual Memory, Demand Paging, Page-Replacement Algorithms, Thrashing
Concurrency: ProcessSynchronization, The Critical- Section Problem, Synchronization Hardware, Semaphores, Classic Problems of Synchronization, Monitors, Synchronization
examples Principles of deadlock – System Model, Deadlock Characterization, Deadlock Prevention, Detection and Avoidance, Recovery from Deadlock
File system Interface- the concept of a file, Access Methods, Directory structure, File system mounting, file sharing, protection.
File System implementation- File system structure, allocation methods, free-space management mass-storage structure overview of Mass-storage structure, Disk scheduling, Device drivers,
Linux System: Components of LINUX, Interprocess Communication, Synchronization, Interrupt, Exception and System Call. Android Software Platform: Android Architecture, Operating System Services, Android Runtime Application Development, Application Structure, Application Process management
- What are the various components of the operating system structure, and explain the operating system's simple and layered approach in detail?
- In a multiprogramming and time-sharing environment, several users share the system simultaneously; this situation can result in various security problem:
i) What are two such problems?
ii) Can ensure the same degree of security in a time-shared machine as in a dedicated machine? Justify your answer.
- Name five major activities of an OS concerning process management and briefly describe why each is required.
- Write in detail about the thread libraries.
- What is Readers-Writer’s problem? Give a solution to Readers-Writers problem using Monitors.
- What is a Critical Section problem? Give the conditions that a solution to the critical section problem must satisfy.
- What is Virtual Memory? Discuss the benefits of virtual memory techniques.
- What is Thrashing? What is the cause of Thrashing? How does the system detect Thrashing? What can the system do to eliminate this problem?
- What is deadlock? Consider the deadlock situation that could occur in the dining philosopher’s problem when the philosophers obtain the chopsticks one at a time.
- Discuss how the four necessary conditions for deadlock indeed hold in this setting. What are the
solutions to this problem?
- Explain the Deadlock Detection scheme for Several Instances of a Resource Type.
- Explain the three allocation methods in file system implementation. Illustrate with a proper diagram.
- What are the objectives of file management systems? Explain the file system architecture.
- Explain different structures and page tables with strengths and weaknesses.