Here, we have provided the links containing the study materials, which will help you study and prepare for your B.Tech 4th Year Mobile Computing 2020 edition examinations. Referring to the connections we’ve provided below and the links containing the study materials in PDF format, and the list of recommended books that we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you with further details that will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything quickly and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Introducing Mobile Computing
The technology of cellular communication is rapidly expanding. From wireless LANs to satellite services, the information access process is being made more comfortable than ever. We’re talking about the portability of data and its development, which is rapid.
Download Mobile Computing Study Materials
|Mobile Computing Pdf Free Download||Download|
|Mobile Computing Notes Pdf||Download|
|Mobile Computing Lecture Notes||Download|
|Mobile Computing PPT||Download|
|Mobile Computing Question Paper||Download|
- “GENESIS : Personal Communication Device”. GENESIS 191A321 Document, 1993.
- “Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems Projects”. Department of Transportation, Minnesota Document, March 1994.
- “Intelligent Transportation Systems Projects”. Department of Transportation, Minnesota Document, January 1995.
- J. Arlook and Randall Jones. “Tracking IVHS: Where It is and Where It is Going”. In Geo-Information Systems^ November/December 1993.
- D. Barbara and T. Imielinski. “Sleepers and Workaholics: Caching Strategies in Mobile Environments”. In Proc. of SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, pages 1-12. ACM, 1994.
- Jochen Schiller, “Mobile Communications”, Addison-Wesley, Second Edition, 2009.
- Raj Kamal, “Mobile Computing”, Oxford University Press, 2007, ISBN: 0195686772
- ASOKE K TALUKDER, HASAN AHMED, ROOPA R YAVAGAL, “Mobile Computing, Technology Applications and Service Creation” Second Edition, Mc Graw Hill.
- UWE Hansmann, Lother Merk, Martin S. Nicklaus, Thomas Stober, “Principles of Mobile Computing,” Second Edition, Springer.
Introduction: Mobile Communications, Mobile Computing – Paradigm, Promises/Novel Applications and Impediments and Architecture; Mobile and Handheld Devices, Limitations of
Mobile and Handheld Devices. GSM – Services, System Architecture, Radio Interfaces, Protocols, Localization, Calling, Handover, Security, New Data Services, GPRS.
(Wireless) Medium Access Control (MAC): Motivation for a specialized MAC (Hidden and exposed terminals, Near and far terminals), SDMA, FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, Wireless LAN/(IEEE 802.11)
Mobile Network Layer: IP and Mobile IP Network Layers, Packet Delivery and Handover Management, Location Management, Registration, Tunneling and Encapsulation, Route Optimization, DHCP.
Mobile Transport Layer: Conventional TCP/IP Protocols, Indirect TCP, Snooping TCP, Mobile TCP, Other Transport Layer Protocols for Mobile Networks. Database Issues: Database Hoarding & Caching Techniques, Client-Server Computing & Adaptation, Transactional Models, Query processing, Data Recovery Process & QoS Issues.
Data Dissemination and Synchronization: Communications Asymmetry, Classification of Data Delivery Mechanisms, Data Dissemination, Broadcast Models, Selective Tuning and Indexing Methods, Data Synchronization – Introduction, Software, and Protocols.
Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs): Introduction, Applications & Challenges of a MANET, Routing, Classification of Routing Algorithms, Algorithms such as DSR, AODV, DSDV, etc. , Mobile Agents, Service Discovery. Protocols and Platforms for Mobile Computing: WAP, Bluetooth, XML, J2ME, Java Card, PalmOS, Windows CE, SymbianOS, Linux for Mobile Devices, Android.
- Explain the basic requirements of mobile IP.
- Explain how tunneling works in general and especially for mobile IP using IP in-IP, minimal, and generic routing encapsulation respectively. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these three methods.
- Explain the concept behind the traditional TCP. What are the improvements that are made into the classical TCP?
- Why do we go for ITCP? What the advantages and disadvantages of it.
- Explain the operation of selective tuning and indexing techniques.
- Describe domain-dependent specific rules for data synchronization.
- Explain the WML script used in mobile devices.
- Discuss the MAC layer Bluetooth system.
- Discuss the protocol architecture of GSM.
- What are the functions of authentication and encryption in GSM?
- What are the motivations for a specialized MAC? Discuss in detail the multiple access with collision avoidance techniques