Computer Network: You can download the Study materials and notes for Computer Network in PDF files from the official website.
Computer Network Books
Candidates can check the official website for the notes and study materials for the third year B-tech materials. We have updated various subjects so that you can choose accordingly. In this article, we are concentrating on the subject. In this article, we are going to discuss Computer Network. A computer network is a set of computers connected to share resources. The most common support shared today is a connection to the Internet. Other shared resources can comprise a printer or a file server. The Internet itself could be believed as a computer network.
Computer Network Books 2018
A computer network is a combination of computer systems and other computing hardware devices that are joined together through communication channels to promote communication and resource-sharing between a wide range of users. Networks are generally categorized based on their characteristics. Each of the devices on the system can be thought of as a node; each node has an individual address. Addresses are numeric sizes that are easy for computers to work with, but not for humans to remember. Some networks also provide names that humans can more easily recognize than numbers. Here we are helping you to create a base in this field and basic knowledge so that you can build up from that. We are providing all the books and a detailed syllabus which will help you with proper preparation.
Computer Networks Syllabus- B.Tech 3rd Year
• Understand state-of-the-art in network protocols, architectures, and applications.
• The process of networking research
• Constraints and thought processes for networking research
• Problem Formulation—Approach—Analysis—
UNIT – I:
Introduction: Network Topologies WAN, LAN, MAN. Reference models- The OSI Reference Model- the TCP/IP Reference Model – A Comparison of the OSI and TCP/IP Reference Models
UNIT – II:
Physical Layer – Fourier Analysis – Bandwidth-Limited Signals – The Maximum Data Rate of a Channel – Guided Transmission Media, Digital Modulation and Multiplexing: Frequency Division Multiplexing, Time Division Multiplexing, Code Division Multiplexing Data Link Layer Design Issues, Error Detection and Correction, Elementary Data Link Protocols, Sliding Window Protocols
UNIT – III:
The Data Link Layer – Services Provided to the Network Layer – Framing – Error Control – Flow Control, Error Detection and Correction – Error-Correcting Codes – Error Detecting Codes, Elementary Data Link Protocols- A Utopian Simplex Protocol-A Simplex Stop and Wait Protocol for an Error free channel-A Simplex Stop and Wait Protocol for a Noisy Channel, Sliding Window Protocols-A One Bit Sliding Window Protocol-A Protocol Using Go-Back-N- A Protocol Using Selective Repeat
UNIT – IV:
The Medium Access Control Sublayer-The Channel Allocation Problem-Static Channel Allocation-Assumptions for Dynamic Channel Allocation, Multiple Access Protocols-Aloha- Carrier Sense Multiple Access Protocols-Collision-Free Protocols-Limited Contention Protocols- Wireless LAN Protocols, Ethernet-Classic Ethernet Physical Layer-Classic Ethernet MAC Sublayer Protocol-Ethernet Performance-Fast Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet-10-Gigabit Ethernet- Retrospective on Ethernet, Wireless LANs-The 802.11 Architecture and Protocol Stack-The 802.11 Physical Layer-The802.11 MAC Sublayer Protocol-The 805.11 Frame Structure Services
UNIT – V:
Design Issues-The Network Layer Design Issues – Store and Forward Packet Switching-Services Provided to the Transport layer- Implementation of Connectionless Service-Implementation of Connection-Oriented Service-Comparison of Virtual Circuit and Datagram Networks, Routing Algorithms-The Optimality principle-Shortest path Algorithm, Congestion Control Algorithms- Approaches to Congestion Control-Traffic Aware Routing-Admission Control-Traffic Throttling-Load Shedding.
UNIT – VI:
Transport Layer – The Internet Transport Protocols: UDP, the Internet Transport Protocols: TCP Application Layer –The Domain Name System: The DNS Name Space, Resource Records, Name Servers, Electronic Mail: Architecture and Services, The User Agent, Message Formats, Message Transfer, Final Delivery
• Understand OSI and TCP/IP models
• Analyze MAC layer protocols and LAN technologies
•Design applications using internet protocols
• Understand routing and congestion control algorithms
• Understand how the internet works
Computer Network Notes For B.Tech
|Computer Networks notes for CSE pdf||Download|
|computer networks handwritten notes||Download|
|computer networks notes for CSE 5th sem||Download|
|computer networks note pdf||Download|
|computer networks note pdf for ECE PPT||Download|
|computer networks Question Paper Pdf||Download|
List of Reference Books for Computer Network- 3rd Year
- Tanenbaum and David J Wetherall, Computer Networks, 5th Edition, Pearson Edu, 2010
- Computer Networks: A Top-Down Approach, Behrouz A. Forouzan, FirouzMosharraf, McGraw Hill Education
- Larry L. Peterson and Bruce S. Davie, “Computer Networks – A Systems Approach” (5th ed), Morgan Kaufmann/ Elsevier, 2011
- Data Communications and Networking, Behrouz A. Forouzan, TMH
- Data and Computer Communications, William Stallings, PHI
- Computer Networks, Andrew S. Tanenbaum, PHI Version 2 CSE IIT, Kharagpur
- Wireless Communications; Principles and Practice, Theodore E. Rappaport, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education
- Satellite Communications, Timothy Pratt, Charles Bostian, and Jeremy Allnutt, 2nd Edition, Wiley
- Internetworking with TCP/IP; Principles, Protocols, and Architecture, Douglas E. Commer, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India
- Data Compression; The Complete Reference, David Solomon, 3rd Edition, Springer
- Network Security; Private Communication in a Public World, CharlieKaufman, Radia Perlman and Mike Speciner, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compare the WAN, LAN and MAN topologies.
- Define Encapsulation and Peer to Peer communication in the layered architecture.
- With a neat sketch, Explain Packet switching technique in detail.
- Give a brief explanation of copper cables with neat sketch.
- Describe the stop and wait for the protocol with neat sketch.
- Explain Distance Vector routing algorithm with an example.
- What are the differences between Static Routing Algorithm and Dynamic Routing Algorithm?
- Explain TCP Connection management Finite State Machine. Explain all states in it.
- What is the significance of data link layer? Explain the design issues of the data link layer.
- Explain the different layers of ATM.
- Write short notes on
(b) Network Security
All the necessary materials are updated on the official website. So without further delay candidates can download the Notes and Study Materials in Pdf format for free or you can purchase the books directly also. Make full use of the Study Materials which are given because that will be handy while preparing. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that this will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Computer Network Books.