Computer Programming: You can download the Study materials and notes for Computer Programming in PDF files from the official website.
Computer Programming Books
Candidates who are in a search for the first year engineering books can search the official website. We have updated several books on various subjects of Engineering. In this article, we are going to talk about the subject of Computer Programming. The goal of programming is to create. The languages, machines, compilers, and interpreters are only tools; brushes to painters. The computer version of programming, coding is mostly used for process automation/communication facilitation.
Computer Programming Books 2018
We humans can understand language English and many languages. But a computer can only recognize one language. That language is binary language. Computer programming is a method that begins from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs. The source code is written in one or more programming languages. Computer Programming is a core subject for engineering. Candidates should have basic knowledge about programming. That is the reason this subject is included in Engineering. To prepare yourself for the examination we are providing you all the necessary materials which will be helpful for you at the time of preparation. We are also offering the detailed syllabus of the subject so that you can follow the curriculum and the learning process will be natural.
Engineering Computer Programming Syllabus- 1st Year
History and Hardware – Computer Hardware, Bits and Bytes, Components, Programming Languages – Machine Language, Assembly Language, Low- and High-Level Languages, Procedural and Object-Oriented Languages, Application and System Software, The Development of C Algorithms The Software Development Process.
Introduction to C Programming- Identifiers, The main () Function, The printf () Function Programming Style – Indentation, Comments, Data Types, Arithmetic Operations, Expression Types, Variables and Declarations, Negation, Operator Precedence, and Associativity, Declaration Statements, Initialization. Assignment – Implicit Type Conversions, Explicit Type Conversions (Casts), Assignment Variations, Mathematical Library Functions, Interactive Input, Formatted Output, Format Modifiers.
Control Flow-Relational Expressions – Logical Operators:
Selection: if-else Statement, nested if, examples, Multi-way selection: switch, else-if, examples. Repetition: Basic Loop Structures, Pretest and Posttest Loops, Counter-Controlled and Condition-Controlled Loops, The while Statement, The for Statement, Nested Loops, The do-while Statement.
Modular Programming: Function and Parameter Declarations, Returning a Value, Functions with Empty Parameter Lists, Variable Scope, Variable Storage Class, Local Variable Storage Classes, Global Variable Storage Classes, Pass by Reference, Passing Addresses to a Function, Storing Addresses, Using Addresses, Declaring and Using Pointers, Passing Addresses to a Function. Case Study: Swapping Values, Recursion – Mathematical Recursion, Recursion versus Iteration.
Arrays & Strings: One-DimensionalArrays, Input, and Output of Array Values, Array Initialization, Arrays as Function Arguments, Two-Dimensional Arrays, LargerDimensionalArrays- Matrices Strings: String Fundamentals, String Input and Output, String Processing, Library Functions
Pointers, Structures, Files: Concept of a Pointer, Initialisation of pointer variables, pointers as function arguments, passing by address, Dangling memory, address arithmetic, character pointers and functions, pointers to pointers, Dynamic memory management functions, command line arguments. Structures: Derived types, Structures declaration, Initialization of structures, accessing structures, nested structures, arrays of compositions, structures, and functions, pointers to structures, self-referential structures, unions, typedef, bit-fields. Data Files: Declaring, Opening, and Closing File Streams Reading from and Writing to Text Files, Random File Access
• Understand the basic terminology used in computer programming
• Write, compile and debug programs in C language.
• Use different data types in a computer program.
• Design programs involving decision structures, loops, and functions.
• Explain the difference between call by value and call by reference
• Understand the dynamics of memory by the use of pointers
• Use different data structures and create/update essential data files.
Computer Programming Lecture Notes Pdf
|computer programming for first-year engineering||Download|
|Engineering computer programming pdf||Download|
|Introduction to computer programming PPT||Download|
|Engineering Computer Programming Question Paper||Download|
List of Reference Books for Engineering Computer Programming
- ANSI C Programming, Gary J. Bronson, Cengage Learning.
- Programming in C, Bl Juneja Anita Seth, Cengage Learning.
- The C programming Language, Dennis Richie and Brian Kernighan, Pearson Education.
- C Programming-A Problem Solving Approach, Forouzan, Gilberg, Cengage.
- Programming with C, Bichkar, Universities Press.
- Programming in C, ReemaThareja, OXFORD.
- C by Example, Noel Kalicharan, Cambridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Explain the evolution of computers.
- With suitable diagram explain about computer organization
- With a proper example, explain about Number Systems.
- Explain the various types of software with suitable examples.
- Explain in detail about the software development steps.
- Draw a flowchart to multiply two matrices.
- Write the pseudocode to multiply two matrices.
- What is an algorithm? Write an algorithm to print even numbers from 2 to 100.
- Explain any eight formatting features with an example for each.
- Explain the various looping constructs. Give an example fo each and explain the working of the construct.
- Write a C program to find the sum of the series
- Write a C program to print the given number in reverse order.
- Explain any two constructs used for decision making. Give an example for each and explain the working of the construct.
- Explain the different parameter passing methods with examples.
- Write notes on storage classes in C.
- Explain about structures and unions with suitable examples.
- Write notes on pointers
We have provided all the necessary materials which are needed for the preparation for the examination. So without further delay candidates can download the articles in Pdf format for free or can purchase it directly. Practice all the questions which are mentioned above so that you get a better idea of the subject. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that the books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Computer Programming Books.