Database Management System: You can download the Study materials and notes for Database Management System in PDF files from the official website.
Database Management System Books
The Study material and Books for the third year B-tech have been updated on the official website. The candidates who are appearing for the third year B-tech examination can use these pdf format files as references for their study. In this article, we are going to discuss the Database Management System. Organizations use vast amounts of data. A database management system (DBMS) is a software tool that makes it possible to organize data in a database. The ultimate aim of a DBMS is to collect and transform data into data to support making decisions.
Database Management System Books 2018
A database management system (DBMS) is computer software for developing and managing databases. The DBMS gives users and programmers with a precise way to create, retrieve, update and control data. DBMS makes it feasible for end users to build, read, upgrade and eliminate data in a database. The DBMS serves as an interface within the database and end users or application programs, guaranteeing that data is consistently organized and remains easily accessible. To make your learning process more comfortable, we have provided the best books and study materials which you can use and prepare well for the exam.
Data Base Management System Syllabus – B.Tech 3rd Year
• To learn the principles of systematically designing and using large-scale Database Management Systems for various applications.
An Overview of Database Management, Introduction- What is Database System- What is Database-Why Database- Data Independence- Relation Systems and Others- Summary, Database system architecture, Introduction- The Three Levels of Architecture-The External Level- the Conceptual Level- the Internal Level- Mapping- the Database Administrator-The Database Management Systems- Client/Server Architecture.
The E/R Models, The Relational Model, Relational Calculus, Introduction to Database Design, Database Design and Er Diagrams-Entities Attributes, and Entity Sets-Relationship and
Relationship Sets-Conceptual Design With the Er Models, The Relational Model Integrity Constraints Over Relations- Key Constraints –Foreign Key Constraints-General Constraints, Relational Algebra and Calculus, Relational Algebra- Selection and Projection- Set Operation, Renaming – Joins- Division- More Examples of Queries, Relational Calculus, Tuple Relational Calculus- Domain Relational Calculus.
Queries, Constraints, Triggers: The Form of Basic SQL Query, Union, Intersect, and Except, Nested Queries, Aggregate Operators, Null Values, Complex Integrity Constraints in SQL, Triggers and Active Database.
Schema Refinement (Normalization): Purpose of Normalization or schema refinement, the concept of functional dependency, normal forms based on functional dependency(1NF, 2NF, and 3 NF), concept of surrogate key, Boyce-Codd normal form(BCNF), Lossless join and dependency preserving decomposition, Fourth normal form(4NF).
Transaction Management and Concurrency Control: Transaction, properties of transactions, transaction log, and transaction management with SQL using commit rollback and savepoint.
Concurrency control for lost updates, uncommitted data, inconsistent retrievals, and the Scheduler. Concurrency control with locking methods: lock granularity, lock types, two-phase locking for ensuring serializability, deadlocks, Concurrency control with time stamp ordering: Wait/Die and Wound/Wait Schemes, Database Recovery management: Transaction recovery.
Overview of Storages and Indexing, Data on External Storage- File Organization and Indexing – Clustered Indexing – Primary and Secondary Indexes, Index Data Structures, Hash-Based Indexing – Tree-Based Indexing, Comparison of File Organization
• Describe a relational database and object-oriented database.
• Create, maintain and manipulate a relational database using SQL
• Describe the ER model and normalization for database design.
• Examine issues in data storage and query processing and can formulate appropriate
• Understand the role and issues in the management of data such as efficiency, privacy,
security, ethical responsibility, and strategic advantage.
• Design and build a database system for a given real-world problem
Database Management System Pdf Notes
|Database pdf books||Download|
|DBMS Question Paper Pdf||Download|
|DBMS notes for b.tech pdf||Download|
|DBMS full notes||Download|
|DBMS lecture notes ppt||Download|
List of Reference Books for DBMS
- Introduction to Database Systems, CJ Date, Pearson
- Database Management Systems, Raghurama Krishnan, Johannes Gehrke, TATA McGraw Hill 3rd Edition
- The Database Systems – The Complete Book, HG Molina, J D Ullman, J Widom Pearson
- Database Systems design, Implementation, and Management, Peter Rob & Carlos Coronel 7th Edition.
- Fundamentals of Database Systems, Elmasri Navrate Pearson Education
- Introduction to Database Systems, C.J.Date Pearson Education
Frequently Asked Questions
- Explain briefly the languages supported by database systems.
- What is Data modeling? Explain the relational model.
- Why are foreign key constraints significant? Explain with an employee database.
- What is meant by referential integrity? Explain.
- Where do we need nesting of queries? Give an example.
- Differentiate between updatable views and non-updatable views?
- Is the decomposition in 4NF always dependency preserving and lossless? Explain with an example,
- Consider the following relation R(A,B,C,D,E)and FD’s ABC, CA,DE, FA, ED is the decomposition of R into R1(A, C, D), R2(B, C, D) AND R3(E,F,D) lossless?
- What is the time stamp order? Explain how it is used for concurrency control?
- Explain view Serializability as an example? How is it different from conflict Serializability?
- Explain Open hashing? Discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
- Compare dynamic hashing with static hashing.
The download links for the study materials and books have been updated on the official website. Candidates can download it them for free or purchase it directly. B-tech is a competitive course, so candidates must work very hard to get good results for the examination for which you are going to appear. Share this link with your friends who are in search for the notes and study materials.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on DBMS Books.