Digital Logic Design: You can download the Study materials and notes for Digital Logic Design in PDF files from the official website.
Digital Logic Design Books
Candidates can check the official website for the Books and Study Materials for Digital Logic Design. Earlier we had updated Books for B-tech for several subjects so that candidates can choose the books they want and study. Here, we are going to discuss the topic of Digital Logic Design. Digital Logic Design is foundational to the areas of electrical engineering and computer engineering. You can get the Books and Study Materials in a single download link.
Digital Logic Design Books 2018
Digital Logic Design is the study of electric circuits using both electrical and computational characteristics. Digital Logic Design is used to create hardware, such as circuit boards and microchip processors. The career option for this field is that you can become a Logic Designer. This is a pressure task job, and you need to have a broad knowledge of the subject so that you can perform well. To prepare yourself for this area, we are proving you with Books and Study Materials which will be beneficial for you at the time of the study. The detailed syllabus of the subject is available on the web. Candidates can download that and study according to that. We are also providing the frequently asked questions so that you can gain confidence to face the examination.
Digital Logic Design Syllabus- 1st Sem
UNIT- I: Digital Systems and Binary Numbers
Digital Systems, Binary Numbers, Binary Numbers, Octal and Hexadecimal Numbers, Complements of Numbers, Complements of Numbers, Signed Binary Numbers, Arithmetic addition and subtraction
UNIT -II: Concept of Boolean algebra
Basic Theorems and Properties of Boolean algebra, Boolean Functions, Canonical and Standard Forms, Minterms and Maxterms,
UNIT- III: Gate-level Minimization
Map Method, Two-Variable K-Map, Three-Variable K-Map, Four Variable K-Maps. Products of Sum Simplification, Sum of Products Simplification, Don’t – Care Conditions, NAND and NOR Implementation, Exclusive‐OR Function
UNIT- IV: Combinational Logic
Introduction, Analysis Procedure, Design Procedure, Binary Adder–Subtractor, Decimal Adder, Binary Multiplier, Decoders, Encoders, Multiplexers, HDL Models of Combinational Circuits
UNIT- V: Synchronous Sequential Logic
Introduction to Sequential Circuits, Storage Elements: Latches, Storage Elements: Flip‐Flops, Analysis of Clocked Sequential Circuits, Mealy and Moore Models of Finite State Machines
UNIT -VI: Registers and Counters
Registers, Shift Registers, Ripple Counters, Synchronous Counters, Ring Counter, Johnson Counter, Ripple Counter
A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated: An ability to define different number systems, binary addition and subtraction, 2’s complement representation and operations with this representation. Ability to understand the different switching algebra theorems and apply them for
logic functions.Ability to define the Karnaugh map for a few variables and perform an algorithmic reduction of logic functions. To define the other minimization methods for any number of variables Variable Entered Mapping (VEM) and Quine-Me Cluskey (QM) Techniques and perform an algorithmic reduction of logic functions.
Digital Logic Design Notes Pdf
|Digital Logic Design book free download||Download|
|DLD Notes ppt||Download|
|Digital logic design questions and answers Pdf||Download|
|Digital logic design Question Paper||Download|
|Digital logic design Basics Pdf||Download|
|Digital logic design Study Material||Download|
List of Digital Logic Design Books for Reference – 2nd Year
- Digital Logic Design, R.D. Sudhakar Samuel, Elsevier
- Fundamentals of Logic Design, 5/e, Roth, Cengage
- Switching and Finite Automata Theory,3/e, Kohavi, Jha, Cambridge.
- Digital Logic Design, Leach, Malvino, Saha, TMH
- Modern Digital Electronics, R.P. Jain, TMH
- Digital Design, 5/e, M.Morris Mano, Michael D Ciletti, PEA.
- Fundamentals of Logic Design, 5/e, Roth, Cengage.
- Digital Logic and Computer Design, M.Morris Mano, PEA.
- Digital Logic Design, Leach, Malvino, Saha, TMH.
- Modern Digital Electronics, R.P. Jain, TMH.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Design the sequential circuit in question 6, using T flip-flops.
- Design a mod-5 counter which has the following binary sequence: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Use JK flip-flops.
- Design a counter that has the following repeated binary sequence: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Use RS flip-flops.
- Design a counter with the following binary sequence: 1, 2, 5, 7 and repeat. Use JK flip-flops.
- Design a counter with the following repeated binary sequence: 0, 4, 2, 1, 6. Use T flip-flops.
- Convert the following numbers to decimal. (10101001.0101)2 , (12020)3 ,(1023.2)4 , (40123)5 , (0.354)6 , (45)7 , (8.3)9 ,(A10)12
- Explain about Weighted and non-weighted codes (8M)
- For the Boolean function F = x z + z + xy + w y + wxy
(i) Obtain the truth table of F. (ii) Use Boolean algebra to simplify the function to a minimum number of literals
- Draw the multiple-level NAND circuit for the following expression: w (x + y + z) + XYZ
- Explain about Ripple Adder/Subtractor using 2’s complement method
- Design a four input priority encoder with input D0 having the highest priority and D3 the lowest priority.
- What are the limitations of JK flip-flop? Explain how can be eliminated those limitations
- Conversion of JK flip-flop to SR flip-flop
- What is the difference between a serial and parallel transfer? Explain how to convert serial data to parallel and parallel to serial.
- Design a synchronous BCD counter with JK flip-flop
All the necessary materials are updated for the preparation for your examination. So without further delay candidates can download the files in Pdf format for free so that candidates have sufficient time to prepare for the exam. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that these books will be beneficial for them also
Candidates can keep in touch with our website to get more information on Digital Logic Design Books.