Engineering Environmental Studies: You can download the Study materials and notes for Engineering Environmental Studies in PDF files from the official website.
Engineering Environmental Studies Books
Candidates who are on a hunt for the Books and Study Materials for the First-Year Engineering can check the official website. We had updated many books on various subjects for the first year Engineering. Candidates can choose the books they want from the web. In this article, we are going to focus on the subject of Engineering Environmental Studies. An environmental engineer aims to sustain or enhance the natural environment to ensure a right and healthy life place for human beings as well as for other organisms.
Engineering Environmental Studies Books 2018
Engineering Environmental Studies can be described as a category of applied science and technology that discusses the issues of energy preservation, protection of assets and control of waste from human and animal activities. The career option in this field is that the candidate who surpasses this field can be an Environmental Manager. This is a pressure task job. To excel in this area, you should have a broad knowledge of the subject and experience to handle the situation. We are providing you with all the necessary materials which are needed for the preparation of the examination. We are also giving the detailed syllabus of the subject so that you can prepare according to that.
Engineering Environmental Studies Syllabus
Multidisciplinary nature of Environmental Science and Natural Resources Multidisciplinary nature of Environmental studies
Definition, Scope, and Importance of Environmental Science and Need of public awareness. Natural resources Renewable and nonrenewable resources Natural resources and associated problems.
a. Forest Resources: Use and over Exploitation, Deforestation, case studies. Timber extraction, Mining, dams and their effects on forests and tribal people.
b. Water Resources: Use and over-utilization of surface and groundwater, Floods, Drought, Conflicts over water, dams-benefits, and problems.
c. Mineral Resources: Use and exploitation, environmental effects of using and extracting minerals resources, case studies.
d. Food Resources:
World food problems, Changes caused by agriculture and overgrazing, effects of modern agriculture, fertilizer-pesticide problems, Water logging, Salinity, case studies.
e. Energy Resources: Growing energy needs, renewable, and nonrenewable energy sources, use of alternative energy sources, case studies.
f. Land Resources: Land as a resource, Land degradation, Man-induced landslides, Soil erosion, and desertification. – Role of individual in conservation of resources – Equitable use of resources for sustainable lifestyle
Ecosystem, Concept of an Ecosystem, Structure of Ecosystem, Function of Ecosystem, Producer Consumer, and decomposers
Energy flow in the Ecosystem, Ecological Succession Food chains, Food web, Ecological Pyramids Introduction, types, characteristics features structure and function of the following ecosystem:
- Forest Ecosystem
- Grassland Ecosystem
- Desert Ecosystem,
- Aquatic Ecosystem:(Ponds, streams, lakes, rivers, oceans, estuaries)
Biodiversity and its conservation, Introduction Definition of Biodiversity: Genetic, Species and Ecosystem diversity, BioGeographical classification of India, Value of Bio-diversity: Consumptive, productive , Social, ethical, aesthetic and optional values, Biodiversity at Global, National & Local levels, India as a Mega Diversity Nation, Hotspots of Biodiversity, Threats to Biodiversity, Habitat Loss, Poaching of Wildlife, Man-Wildlife Conflicts,Endangered species of India IUCN Red data book, Endemic species of India, Conservation of Biodiversity: In-situ and Ex-situ conservation of biodiversity.
Environmental Pollution, Definition, Causes, effects and control measures of -Air Pollution -Water Pollution -Soil Pollution: -Marine Pollution: -Noise Pollution: -Thermal Pollution -Nuclear Hazards Solid Waste Management: -Causes, Effects and Control measures of Urban and Industrial Wastes. -Role of an
The individual in the prevention of pollution. -Pollution case studies Disaster Management: Floods, Earthquake, Cyclones, and Landslides.
Social Issues and the Environment From unsustainable development to sustainable development, Urban problems related to Energy, Water conservation, Rainwater Harvesting, Watershed
Management, Resettlement, and Rehabilitation of people; its problems and concerns, case studies, Environmental ethics: issues and possible solutions Wasteland reclamation, Consumerism and waste product. Environment Protection Act, Air (prevention and control of Pollution) Act, Water( prevention and control of Pollution) Act, wildlife protection Act, Forest conservation act, Issues involved in Enforcement of Environmental Legislation, Public Awareness. Human Population and the Environment
Population growth variation among nations, Population Explosion, Family welfare programme, Environment, and Human Health, Human Rights, Value education, HIV/AIDS, Women and Child welfare, Role of Information Technology in Environment
and Human Health.
Engineering Environmental Studies Notes Pdf
|Environmental studies question paper pdf||Download|
|Environmental studies notes for engineering||Download|
|Environmental studies pdf notes||Download|
Suggested Books for Engineering Environmental studies -1st year
- Environmental Studies -Benny Joseph-Tata McgrawHiU-200S
- Environment, H-al Studies- Or. D.l. Manjunath, Pearson Education-2006.
- Environmental studies- R, Rajagopal-illan -Oxford Pubtioti,on • 200S.
- Textbook of Environmental Science & Technology- M. Anji Reddy-US Publication.
- Principles of Environmental SC It-nee and Engineer’l’lg -P. Venugoplan Rao, Pteritlce Hall of India.
- Environmental Science and Engineering Mecoakshi, Prentice Hall India
Frequently Asked Questions
- Environmental Studies deals with different aspects using a holistic approach. Therefore explain its multidisciplinary nature.
- Explain the problems related to the usage of chemical pesticides and fertilizers in modern Agriculture.
- We are far behind the target of achieving 33% forest area. Discuss various causes, consequences of deforestation in India. Explain JFM activity and give its functions.
- Over usage of groundwater for various purposes resulted in rapid depletion at various regions.
- Explain the effects of overutilization of groundwater resources.
- Biodiversity can be grouped into three levels based on their nature and taxonomical status.
- Briefly, explain the levels and values of Biodiversity with suitable examples.
- Our India is a “Mega diversity Nation.” Support the statement highlighting the biodiversity greatness of INDIA.
- Biodiversity is to be conserved. Explain conservation methods of Biodiversity.
- Give an account of the Environmental Protection Act – 1986
- Methods for propagating Environmental awareness are many. Explain them.
- Write the objectives, principles, essential elements and importance of environmental impact Assessment.
- NGO’s play a vital role in creating environmental awareness among the people regarding environmental issues. Explain their objectives and features.
We have provided with all the necessary materials which will be helpful for you. The books and Study materials are available on the web. Candidates can download the files in pdf format and start preparing for the examination. By proper preparation and referring all the given textbooks and following the syllabus, we assure you that you can clear the exam with flying colors. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that it can be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information about Engineering Environmental Studies Books.Tags: dr dl manjunath environment study pdf download