Engineering Physics: You can download the Study materials and notes for Engineering Physics in PDF files from the official website.
Engineering Physics Books
The Books and Study Materials for the first year Engineering are now updated on the official website. We have updated various books on the multiple subjects on the site. Candidates can choose from them what they want and prepare for the examination. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the subject Engineering Physics. The aim of Engineering physics is that the ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering physics problems; to apply the design process to engineering problems, to develop, conduct, analyze and interpret experiments in engineering physics.
Engineering Physics Books 2018
Engineering physics is a core subject for the engineering in the first year. It covers almost all the essential topics of physics to get a basic idea about the subject so that you can focus on the advance studies on your respective fields. Qualified Engineering Physicists, with a degree in Engineering Physics, can work professionally as Engineers and Physicists in the high technology enterprises and beyond, becoming field experts in multiple engineering and scientific fields. Here we are proving the necessary material which will be helpful for the preparation for your examination. We are also providing the detailed syllabus so that the candidates can follow the curriculum and study according to that.
More Book Pdf: Training And Development In HRM
B.tech First-Year Syllabus Physics
Unit I: Electrostatics- 8
Boundary conditions and Boundary value problems in electrostatics, The Uniqueness theorem, Laplace and Poisson’s equations in electrostatics and their applications, method of electrical images and their simple applications, energy stored in the discrete and continuous system of charges.
Unit II: Wave Optics- 8
Methods of formation of coherent sources, Theory of Interference, Fresnel’s Biprism, Displacement of Fringes, thin film interference, Newton’s ring. Fraunhofer diffraction at single slit and grating, Rayleigh’s criterion of resolution, resolving power of the grating.
Unit III: Optical activity and Modern Optics- 8
Production of plane-polarized light by reflection and Double refraction, Nicol prism. Optical activity, Fresnel’s theory, polarimeter (Laurentz and Biquartz). The principle of fiber optics, numerical aperture, attenuation, dispersion in optical fibers, material dispersion, waveguide dispersion, intermodal and intramodal dispersion, Pulse dispersion in step index fiber, Main components of a laser, Einstein’s coefficients, He-Ne laser, Nd-YAG laser and their applications.
Unit IV: Properties of Matter and Relativistic Mechanics
Viscosity, Poiseulli’s equation, Frame of reference, Michelson-Morley experiment and its implications, Galilean transformation equations, Einstein’s postulates, Lorentz transformation equations and their consequences, energy mass relation, relativistic kinetic energy.
Unit V: Quantum Physics
Compton effect, Basic postulates of quantum mechanics, Wavefunction and its physical admissibility, orthogonality and normalization of wave functions, Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle(no derivation) and its applications to (non-existence of electron in nucleus, Bohr’s radius), Schrodinger’s equation and its application to particle in 1-D box and finite well.
Engineering Physics 1st Year Notes
|Engineering Physics 1st-year textbook Pdf||Download|
|B.tech 1st-year books Pdf||Download|
|B.tech 1st-year physics study material||Download|
|B.tech 1st-year physics question Papers Pdf||Download|
Suggested Books for B.Tech 1st-year Physics
- Laser Fundamentals, William T. Silfvast, 2nd edn, Cambridge University Press, New York (2004)
- Fundamentals of Physics, 6th Edition, D. Halliday, R. Resnick and J. Walker, John Wiley and Sons, New York (2001).
- Introduction to solid state physics,7th Edn, Charls Kittel, Wiley, Delhi (2007)
- Practical Physics, R.K. Shukla, Anchal Srivastava, New age international (2011)
- B.Sc. Practical Physics, C.L Arora, S. Chand &Co. (2012)
- Resnick, Walker and Halliday, Fundamental of Physics, John Willey, and Sons. Inc, 6th Edition, 2005.
- Streetman B. G., Solid State Electronics, Prentice Hall India (2nd Edition) 1986.
- Avadhanulu M. N. and P.G. Kshirsagar, A text Book of Engineering Physics, (7th Edition) 2004.
- Dekkar A.J.; Electrical Engineering Materials; Prentice Hallog India Publication, 1992.
- Kenneth Krane; Modern Physics; (2 nd Edition); John Wiley Eastern, 1998.
- Pillai S. O., Solid State Physics, New Age International Publishers, 3 rd edition, 1999.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Show that FCC Crystals are firmly packed than BCC and SC crystals by working out the packing factors.
- Derive an expression for the concentration of Vacancies at any given temperature.
- What are the factors affecting Architectural Acoustics and explain the remedies?
- Discuss different types of Ultrasonic Production Systems.
- Derive an expression for Internal Fields in Solids.
- Explain Hysteresis curve by Domain theory of Ferromagnetism.
- Derive the relation between Einstein’s Coefficients.
- Explain Optical Fiber Communication Link with block diagram.
- Describe any three processes by which Nanomaterials are fabricated.
- Explain the Scanning Electron Microscopy.
- Write a note on Edge and Screw dislocations and explain the significance of Burger’s Vector.
- Explain the principle of Optical Fibre Communication and write a note on Attenuation.
- Discuss different types of Polarizations in Dielectrics.
- Derive an expression for Acceptance Angle and Numerical Aperture of an Optical Fiber.
- Define Electronic Polarization and obtain the relevant mathematical expressions for Electronic Polarization regarding the radius of the atoms.
- A paramagnetic material has a magnetic field intensity of 104 A/m. If the Susceptibility of the material at room temperature is 3.7×10-3 calculate the magnetization and flux density of the article.
- Illustrate the construction and working principle of a He-Ne Laser giving its energy level diagram.
- Write down any four applications of Lasers.
- Derive an expression for acceptance angle for an optical fiber? How it is related to numerical aperture.
- What are the properties of Nano Materials?
- How the NanoMaterials are fabricated using bottom-up, top-down and chemical vapor deposition methods.
- Briefly, explain about Edge and Screw Dislocations.
- Explain band theory of solids qualitatively and use it for classification of the Materials.
- Mobilities of electrons and holes in a sample of intrinsic germanium at room temperature are 4600 cm2 /volt-second and 2700 cm2 /volt-second respectively.
- If the electron and hole densities are each equal to 3 x 1013 per cm2, calculate the conductivity.
- Give an account of domain structure and how the hysteresis curve is explained by Domain theory of ferromagnetism.
- Explain the following i) Single mode optical fiber ii) Multimode optical fiber iii) Step-index optical fiber iv) Graded index optical fiber.
We have updated all the necessary books and Study Materials which are needed for the preparation for the examination. Candidates can download the materials in a single file for free or can purchase it directly. Practice all the questions mentioned above so that you can get better knowledge about the subject. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that these books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Engineering Physics Books.