Solid Mechanics: You can download the Study materials and notes for Solid Mechanics in PDF files from the official website.
GATE Solid Mechanics Books
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India exam entitled and managed in eight zones over the nation by the GATE Committee including of Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and extra seven IIT’s on the assistance of the National Coordinating Board, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education. GATE score is necessary for the recruitment of numerous government and private institutions. For various private organizations, GATE score is compulsory.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates To be declared
Organizing Institution of GATE IIT Guwahati
GATE Official Website http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
About Solid Mechanics in GATE 2019
Solid mechanics is the section of continuum mechanics that examines the behavior of solid materials, particularly their motion and deformation beneath the action of forces, temperature changes, phase changes, and other internal or external agents. It is the Study of the influence of forces on deformable or real-world objects. Principles of Solid Mechanics are widely employed in design and interpretation of machine components and structures. This subject includes marks weightage of 6 to 7 in GATE Mechanical Engineering & Civil Engineering. For the preparation for the GATE exam applicants must go through the reference books. Here in this article, we are providing the reference books which will be beneficial for you at the time of preparation.
Check Also: CCSHAU Courses And Syllabus 2018
Best Reference Books for GATE XE-D: Solid Mechanics
Verbal and numerical ability:
- General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning – G.K Publications
- Objective English for Competitive Examination 5th Ed – Hari Mohan Prasad
- Solved papers on verbal and numerical ability – Made Easy Team
Engineering Mathematics books for GATE
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics – RK Jain, SRK Iyengar
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics – HK Dass
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics – Erwin Kreyszig
- Engineering Mathematics solved papers – Made easy publications
- Engineering and Mathematics general aptitude – G.K Publications
- GATE Engineering and Mathematics – Nodia and company
- Higher Engineering Mathematics – Bandaru Ramana
- Higher Engineering Mathematics – B.S. Grewal
- An Introduction to Mechanics of Solids by S.H. Crandall, N.C. Dahl and S.J.Lardner
- Introduction to Solid Mechanics by Shames/ Pitarresi
- Solid Mechanics by S.M.A. Kazimi
- Mechanics of Materials by Gere J. M.
- Theory of Elasticity by Timoshenko S.P. and Goodier J.N.
- Introduction to Solid Mechanics by James M. Pitarresi, Irving H. Shames
- Solid Mechanics by William F. Hosford
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids by Srinath
- Solid Mechanics by Clive L. Dym, Irving H. Shames
- Engineering Mechanics of Solids by Egor P. Popov
- The strength of Materials(Mechanics of Solids) by R.K. Rajput
- Classical and Computational Solid Mechanics by Fung Y. C.
- Cam Synthesis(Solid Mechanics and its Applications) by M.A. Gonzalez-Palacios
- Engineering Solid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications by Abdel-Rahman A. Ragab, Salah Eldin Ahm Bayoumi
- Mechanics of Solids by Singh
- A Textbook of Strength of Materials by R.K. Bansal
- Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics Statistical Mechanics & Solid State Physics by S P Kulia
- Foundations of Solid Mechanics by P. Karasudhi
We have provided all the necessary information which are needed for the preparation for GATE examination 2019. So without further delay candidates can get the Reference Books for Solid Mechanics and start preparing for the exam so that they get sufficient time to prepare. Make sure that you make full advantage of it. With proper preparation and study, candidates can clear the examination with ease. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that this information will be helpful for them also.
Keep in touch with our website for more information on GATE 2019.