International Logistics Management: You can download the Study materials and notes for International Logistics Management in PDF files from the official website.
International Logistics Management Books
Candidates who are on a hunt for the books for the fourth semester MBA books can check the official website. We have updated several books on various subjects. In this article, we are going to talk about the subject of International Logistics Management. Logistics is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the efficient, adequate flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the end of consumption to confirm the customer requirement. The core courses in an MBA program cover various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and statistics, etc.
International Logistics Management Books 2018
International logistics is the method of preparation and managing the flow of goods and products in your organization's supply chain from acquisition to customer purchase, where part of the process includes passing at least one international border. The international logistics manager responsibilities and tasks include doing the duties of a global provision manager as well. They strategize, supervises, administers, oversees, organizes and executes buying, storing, dispersing, predicting, client and utilization services. The managers in this field have a lot of responsibilities, and this is a pressure task job. To excel in this field, you need to have in-depth knowledge of the subject and experience. We are helping you by providing the necessary Books and Study Materials to prepare. We also hare giving the detailed syllabus so that the learning process will be natural.
MBA International Logistics Management Syllabus – 4th Semester
Unit – I
Marketing Logistics: Concept, objectives, and scope; System elements; Relevance of logistics in international marketing; International supply chain management and logistics; Transportation activity – private transportation, inter-state goods movement; Factors influencing Distribution Logistics.
Unit – II
Transportation: Containerization; CFS and inland container depots; Dry ports; Road-Multi-modal transit and CONCOR; Role of intermediaries including freight booking, shipping agents, C&F agents.
Unit – III
General Structure of Shipping: Characteristics- Types of shipping- liner and tramp operations; Conference Chartering operation- Freight structure and practices; Chartering principles and practices; UN convention on shipping information- Documents for shipping of goods.
Unit – IV
Air Transport: Air transportation –total cost concept, advantages, freight structure, and operations; Carrier consignee liabilities- Cargo handling- Information Support System.
Unit – V
Inventory Control and Warehousing: Inventory management – concepts and application to international marketing; Significance and types of warehousing facilities; Total cost approach to logistics.
MBA International Logistics Management pdf Notes
|International logistics book pdf||Download|
|International logistics management Question Paper||Download|
|International Logistics Management ppt||Download|
|International Marketing logistics notes||Download|
Suggested Books for International Logistics Management
- Asopa, V.N SHIPPING MANAGEMENT CASES, AND CONCEPTS, Macmillan, New Delhi.
- Desai, H.P INDIAN SHIPPING PERSPECTIVES, Anupam Publications, Delhi,
- Khanna, K.K. PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION, Himalaya Publishing, Delhi.
- Lambert, D et al. STRATEGIC LOGISTIC MANAGEMENT, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
- SHIPPING DOCUMENTS AND REPORTS, UNCTAD
- Adland, R. (2002) THE STOCHASTIC BEHAVIOR OF SPOT FREIGHT RATES AND THE RISK PREMIUM IN BULK SHIPPING. Thesis (Ph.D.). Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- AIR TRANSPORT AUXILIARY, AIR TRANSPORT AUXILIARY. (Handbook) White Waltham, England Reminder Book, 1945.
- Allemang, A. (2006). “SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY AND THE BUSINESS BENEFITS” Panelist remarks,
- Arnold J.R.T (1996) INTRODUCTION TO MATERIAL MANAGEMENT (2nd Edition) Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- ASTM SHIPPING CONTAINER STANDARDS AND RELATED TECHNICAL MATERIAL, 5th edition, 2007, ASTM
- Bamford C. (2001) TRANSPORT ECONOMICS, Heinemann, London
- Bardi, Edward; John Coyle and Robert Novack (2006). MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. Thomson South-Western. ISBN 0-324-31443.
- Berglund, M., Laarhoven, P. van, Sharman, G. E Wandel, S., 1999. THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS IS THERE A FUTURE? THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT, 10, (1), pp. 59-70.
- Bossel, H., 1999. INDICATORS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT THEORY, METHOD, APPLICATION. International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- Cannella S., Ciancimino E. (2010) Up-to-date Supply Chain Management the Coordinated (S, R). In “ADVANCED MANUFACTURING AND SUSTAINABLE LOGISTICS.” Dangelmaier W. et al. (Eds.) 175-185. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Germany.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Explain the role of different cost approach in logistics
- What are the different costs involved in logistics?
- How is the total cost approach relevant in the case of international business?
- Define inventory management and its objectives
- What are the different types of inventories?
- Explain the different costs involved in Inventory Management
- What is the relationship between airlines’ carriage of passengers and Carriage of freight?
- What are some other large air freighters?
- Explain the symptoms of poor inventory management and how to improve it?
- Explain inventory control and need of it.
- Bring out the role of inventory management in international marketing
- Why is air cargo containers used?
- What are international airline “alliances?”
- When is “charter” cargo flight used?
All the necessary materials have been updated on the official website. So without further delay candidates can download the Notes and Study Materials in Pdf Format for free or can purchase it directly. The Study Materials made by Professionals will be a life savior for the who don't have time to cover the whole syllabus. Practice all the questions mentioned above to get more knowledge about the subject. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that these books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on International Logistics Management Books.