Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management: You can download the Study materials and notes for Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management in PDF files from the official website.
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books 2018
- MBA Investment Analysis and portfolio management Syllabus – 4th Semester
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes Pdf
- Suggested Books for MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Frequently Asked Questions
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books
We have updated the books and study materials for the fourth semester MBA examination. Candidates can download the Books and Study Materials in Pdf Format from the official website. In this article, we are concentrating on the subject Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management. The core courses in an MBA program cover various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and statistics, etc. This subject covers essential topics such as quantitative methods of investment analysis and portfolio formation, stocks and bond analysis and valuation for investment decision making, options pricing and using as investments, asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing, and portfolio performance.
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books 2018
Investment analysis and portfolio management course goal are to help entrepreneurs and practitioners to know the investments area as it is currently understood and prepared for sound investment decisions making. The course is designed to emphasize both theoretical and analytical aspects of investment decisions and deals with current investment theoretical concepts and instruments. To pass this test, we are providing you with the best books and Study Materials advised by experts, and we have also given the detailed syllabus of the subject so that you can prepare for the exam according to that.
MBA Investment Analysis and portfolio management Syllabus – 4th Semester
Unit – I
Investment – Basics of Investment – Investment, Speculation, and Gambling – Investment Categories – Investment avenues – Non-marketable Financial Assets – Money Market Instruments – Bond/Debentures – Equity Shares – Schemes of LIC – Mutual Funds – Financial Derivatives – Real Assets – Real Estate – Art – antiques and others.
Unit – II
Fundamental Security Analysis– Economic Analysis – significance and Interpretation of the Economic Indicators – Industry Analysis – Industry Growth Cycle – Company analysis – Marketing – Accounting policies – Profitability – Dividend Policy – Capital Structure – Financial Analysis – Operating Efficiency Management – Fundamental Security Analysis – Changes in the Financing Patterns of Indian Companies – Debt-Equity Ratio for India Companies.
Unit – III
Technical Analysis – Technical Tools – The Dow Theory – Primary Trend – The secondary Trend – Minor Trends – Support and Resistance Level – Indicators – Odd Lot Trading – Moving Average – Rate of Change – Charts – Technical indicators –Charting Techniques – Indicators of the Witchcraft Variety Efficient Market Theory – Basic Concepts – Random-Walk Theory – Weak Form of EMH – Semi-strong Form – Strong Form – The Essence of the Theory – Market Inefficiencies.
Unit – IV
Portfolio Analysis – Portfolio and Single asset Returns and Risk –Mean-Variance Criterion – covariance – Beta (simple problems) – Portfolio Markowitz Model – simple Diversification – Risk and Return with Different correlation – Sharpe’s Single Index Model – Sharpe’s Optimal Portfolio – Construction of the Optimal Portfolio – Optimum Portfolio with short sales.
Unit – V
Asset Pricing Model Portfolio Evaluation – Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) – Security Market Line – Assumptions – Arbitrage Pricing Model (APT) – Portfolio Performance Models – Sharpe’s Performance Index – Treynor’s Performance Index – Jensen’s Performance Index.
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes Pdf
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Study Material||Download|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Text Book||Download|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Question Paper||Download|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management PPT||Download|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes||Download|
Suggested Books for MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Punithavathy Pandian, SECURITY ANALYSIS, AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, Vikas Publications Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi. 2001.
- Kevin.S, SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, PHI, Delhi, 2011
- Yogesh Maheswari, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, PHI, Delhi, 2011
- Bhalla V K, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, S Chand, New Delhi, 2009
- Prasanna Chandra, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2008
- Avadhani, VA 2008, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 9th edn, Himalaya Publishing House
- Chandra, P, INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 3rd edn, TATA McGraw Hill
- Fischer, DE & Jordan, RJ, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 6th edn, Pearson Education
- Gnanasekaran, E 2009, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 1st edn, Lakshmi Publications
Frequently Asked Questions
- What information do you need? What analysis will you carry out?
- How will you communicate with the client and chief trader?
- What are the primary assumptions of CAPM?
- Given an account of the various types of mutual funds available in the capital market?
- What is the advantage of adopting the CAPM model in the portfolio management?
- What is meant by levered portfolio? How is it constructed?
- Explain the CAPM theory and its validity in the stock market?
- Describe the basic arbitrage pricing theory model of two factors?
- What are the advantages of APT over CAPM? Explain in detail.?
- What is meant by mutual funds? What is the advantage of professionally in the managed portfolio?
- Distinguish between the open –end and closed-end mutual funds.
- State the reason for the Treynor and Sharpe giving different performance ranking?
- Disting between the security market line and capital market line?
- Explain the concept and process of portfolio analysis?
- Explain the significance of covariance in the estimation of the risk of a portfolio?
- Define the Markowitz diversifications explain the statistical method used by Markowitz to obtain the risk-reducing benefit?
- How do the utility curves differ for risk-loving neutral and averse investors?
- What is the simple diversification (a) will it reduce total risk (b) will it reduce unsystematic risk?
- Explain the Sharpe, index model? How does it differ from the Markowitz model?
- What are the steps in the traditional approach?
- How do you arrive at the optimum portfolio?
- Explain the constraints in the formation of objectives?
- What happens to the risk of a portfolio as more and more securities are added to the portfolio?
We have updated all the necessary details which are needed for the preparation of the fourth sem MBA examination. Candidates can now check the official website and download the files in pdf format of purchase the books directly. Practice all the question which are mentioned above to get a broader knowledge of the subject. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that this can be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website to get more information about Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books.