Management Information Systems: You can download the Study materials and notes for Management Information Systems in PDF files from the official website.
Management Information Systems Books
The notes and study materials for second semester MBA examination are updated on the official website. The primary subject we are focusing on is Management Information System. A management information system (MIS) is a computerized database of business information organized and calculated in such a way that it provides regular reports on operations for every level of management in an organization. It is usually also possible to obtain individual reports from the system efficiently.
Management Information Systems Books 2018
Management Information Systems (MIS) is the knowledge of people, technology, and organizations. MIS broadly refers to a computer-based system that provides managers with the tools to organize, evaluate and efficiently manage departments within an organization. The role of the MIS manager is to focus on the organization's information and technology systems. The MIS manager typically analyzes business problems and then designs and maintains computer applications to solve the organization's problems.
MBA Management Information Systems syllabus – 2nd Sem
1.Information System in Business:
Introduction to Information System; System Concepts; System & Sub System; The System Feedback; Types of
Information System; Applications; System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
2.Managing Data Resources:
Introduction; Organizing Data in a Traditional File Environment; Data Base Management System; Data Base
Environment; The range of Data Base Applications; Integration of Information; Role of Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP); Customer Relationship Management; Work Group Integration; Integration of Different
Systems; Information System Organizations & Business Processes.
3.Management of Information Systems, Technology, and Strategy:
The Technology: Computer and Computer Processing; Role of Information Technology in Organization;
Information System and Strategy; Strategic Analysis.
4.End User Computing (EUC):
Introduction; End User Computing Tools; End User Systems Tools; The Information Center, Office
Automation; Office Information System (OIS); Aspect of OIS; Applications of Office Automation.
5.Electronic Communication System:
Electronic Conference; Introduction to Networks; Network Basics; LAN Basics; Internet Working; ISDN Basics; Network; Electronic Meeting Systems; Electronic Discussions; The Electronic Publishing; Management.
Telecommunication and Network; The Internet and World Wide Web (WWW); E-Business; Applications on EBusiness;
Transaction Process System (TPS); Operational Information Systems
7.Tactical and Strategic Level Information Systems:
Introduction; Tactical Accounting and Financial Information Systems; Tactical Marketing Information
Systems; Strategic Marketing Information Systems; Strategic Production Information Systems; Tactical Human
Resource Information Systems; Strategic Human Resource Information Systems; Managing Knowledge in the
8.Enterprise Information System (EIS):
Use of Information systems in Various Business Processes; Role of IS in Cross-Functional Systems and EIS;
9.Information Systems for Managerial Decision Support and Strategic Advantage:
Information, Management, and Decision Making; Decision Support Systems (DSS); Group Support Systems;
Executive Support Systems
Management Information System Pdf free download
|Management Information System notes for MBA||Download Links|
|MIS Notes foMBA pdf||DOWNLOAD|
|Management Information System notes for MBA ppt||DOWNLOAD|
|Management Information System MBA lecture notes pdf||DOWNLOAD|
|MBA Management Information System Model Question Papers||DOWNLOAD|
Suggested Books for MBA Management Information Systems
- MBA Management Information Systems by Jaiswal and Mittal, Oxford University Press
- Decision Support Systems and Intelligent Systems by Turban and Aronson, Pearson Education Asia
- Management Information Systems by C.S.V.Murthy
- Management Information Systems by Laudon, Laudon, Dass, Pearson Education Asia.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is it important to understand the difference between Computer Literacy and Information Literacy?
- What are the three elements of an Information System that managers must consider?
- What are some of the factors managers must consider when considering changes in technology?
- What are some of the new roles Information Systems are playing in organizations?
- Explain the concept of systems and its components.
- Analyze the business as a system and identify the components of a business system
- Explain the different types of information systems
- Discuss the characteristics of information systems in various levels of the organization
- Explain the system approach in Problem Solving
- What are the Phases of System Development Life Cycle?
- What activities occur during the problem definition phase of the system development life cycle?
- Why is system maintenance a large percentage of the lifespan of an information system?
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages of In-house system development?
- Explain the various stages of the System Development.
- Write an essay about the various approaches in System Development.
We have updated all the notes and Study Materials for Management Information System. Candidates who are going to appear for the MBA second semester examination can make full use of these notes. These books cover all the topics which will be needed for you for the preparation of the test. If you prepare for your exams using these study materials, we can assure you that, candidates can score good marks in the coming exam. You can download the notes in pdf format or purchase it directly.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Management Information System Books.