Operation Research: You can download the Study materials and notes for Operation Research in PDF files from the official website.
Operation Research Books
The Books and Study materials for the first year engineering are now updated on the official website. We have updated several books on various subjects of Engineering. Candidates can choose the books they want and prepare for the examination. In this article, we are focusing on the subject of Operation Research. Operations research (OR) is a scientific method of problem-solving and decision-making that is beneficial in the management of organizations.
Operation Research Books 2018
In a nutshell, operations research is the method of applying advanced analytical techniques to help make healthier decisions. By using procedures such as mathematical mmodelling to analyze complicated situations, operations research gives officials the power to make more powerful choices and build more productive systems based on:
- More complete data
- Consideration of all available options
- Careful predictions of outcomes and estimates of risk
- The latest decision tools and techniques
Here, we are giving you the best books and Study materials so that you will face no difficulty in the examination. We are offering the detailed syllabus of the subject so that you can prepare according to that. Candidates can use these books for their studying process, so it will be easy for them to understand.
Operation Research Syllabus- B.Tech Elective
• Identify and develop operational research models from the verbal description of the real system.
• Understand the mathematical tools that are needed to solve optimization problems.
• Use mathematical software to solve the proposed models.
• Develop a report that describes the model and the solving technique, analyze the results and propose recommendations in language understandable to the decision-making processes in Management Engineering
Introduction to Operations Research: Basics definition, scope, objectives, phases, models, and limitations of Operations Research. Linear Programming Problem – Formulation of LPP, Graphical solution of LPP. Simple Method, Artificial variables, big-M method, two-phase method, degeneracy and unbound solutions.
Transportation Problem. Formulation, solution, unbalanced Transportation problem. Finding basic feasible solutions – Northwest corner rule, least cost method and Vogel’s approximation method. Optimality test: the stepping stone method and MODI method
Assignment model. Formulation. Hungarian method for optimal solution. Solving the unbalanced problem. Traveling salesman problem and assignment problem Sequencing models. Solution of
Sequencing Problem – Processing n Jobs through 2 Machines – Processing n Jobs through 3 Machines – Processing 2 Jobs through m machines – Processing n Jobs through m Machines
Dynamic programming. Characteristics of dynamic programming. Dynamic programming approach for Priority Management employment smoothening, capital budgeting, Stage Coach/Shortest Path, cargo loading and Reliability problems Games Theory. Competitive games, rectangular game, saddle point, minimax (maximin) method of optimal strategies, the value of the game. A solution of games with saddle points, the dominance principle. Rectangular games without saddle point – mixed strategy for 2 X 2 games
Replacement Models. The Replacement of Items that Deteriorate whose maintenance costs increase with time without change in the money value. Replacement of items that fail suddenly: individual replacement policy, group replacement policy
Inventory models. Inventory costs. Models with deterministic demand – model (a) demand rate uniform and production rate infinite, model (b) demand rate non-uniform and production rate
infinite, model (c) demand rate uniform and production rate finite.
• The methodology of Operations Research.
• Linear programming: solving methods, duality, and sensitivity analysis.
• Integer Programming.
• Network flows.
• Multi-criteria decision techniques.
• Decision making under uncertainty and risk.
• Game theory. Dynamic programming.
Operation Research Notes For Mechanical Engineering Pdf
|operation research pdf ebook free download||Download|
|operations research lecture notes ppt||Download|
|operations research problems and solutions pdf||Download|
|operations research pdf ebook download||Download|
|Operation Research Question Paper||Download|
- P. Sankara Iyer,”Operations Research”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- A.M. Natarajan, P. Balasubramani, A. Tamilarasi, “Operations Research”, Pearson Education, 2005.
- JK Sharma. “Operations Research Theory & Applications, 3e”, Macmillan India Ltd, 2007.
- P. K. Gupta and D. S. Hira, “Operations Research”, S. Chand & co., 2007.
- J K Sharma., “Operations Research, Problems and Solutions, 3e”, Macmillan India Ltd
- N.V.S. Raju, “Operations Research”, HI-TECH, 2002
Frequently Asked Questions
- Explain briefly the characteristics of a queuing system.
- A TV repairman finds that the time spent on his jobs has an exponential distribution with mean 30 minutes. If he repairs sets in the order in which they come in, and if the arrival of sets is approximately Poison with an average rate of 10 per 8 hour day, what is repairman’s expected idle time each day? How many jobs are ahead of the average set just brought in?
- Find the optimal economic order quantity for a product having the following characteristics: Annual demand=2400 unit Ordering cost=Rs.100 Cost of storage=24% of unit cost
- What are the demerits of dynamic programming?
- What are the pre-requisites for applying dynamic programming?
- Discuss the types of simulation models.
- What do you understand by simulation? Explain briefly its advantages and disadvantages.
We have updated all the necessary Materials which are needed for the preparation for your examination. Candidates can download the Materials and Books from the web for free in Pdf format and start preparing for the exam. Practice all the questions mentioned above to get a better knowledge of the subject. Also, refer the previous year question papers so that you will be confident to face the examination. Make sure that you share this link with your friends who are in search of OR books so that these books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Operation Research Books.