Professional Ethics And Human Values: You can download the Study materials and notes for Professional Ethics And Human Values in PDF files from the official website.
Professional Ethics And Human Values Books
We have updated the Books and Study Materials for the third year Engineering. Candidates can download the files in Pdf format in the official website. Earlier we had updated many Books on Engineering on the web. Candidates can choose the subject they want to study from it and download in pdf. In this article, we are going to talk about Professional Ethics And Human Values. This course aims to understand the moral values that ought to guide the Engineering profession, resolve the ethical issues in the job, and justify the moral judgment concerning the business.
Professional Ethics And Human Values Books 2018
Professional ethics is described as a set of attitudes involved with the value of work, which forms the motivational orientation. It is a set of values based on hard work and diligence. It is also a belief in the moral benefit of work and its ability to enhance character. Character oriented education that instills fundamental values and ethnic value in one’s psyche is called ‘Value Based Education.’ The subject that allows us to understand ‘what is valuable’ for human happiness is called value education. Value education is essential to help everyone in enhancing the value system that he/she holds and puts it to use. To prepare yourself for the exam we have provided the necessary Books and Study Materials which will help you at the time of preparation. We are also giving the detailed syllabus of the subject so that you can follow it and the learning process will be natural.
Professional Ethics and Human Values Syllabus
UNIT I: Human Values:
Morals, Values, and Ethics – Integrity –Trustworthiness – Work Ethics – Service-Learning – Civic Virtue – Respect for others – Living Peacefully – Caring – Sharing – Honesty –Courage – Value Time – Co-operation – Commitment – Empathy – Self-confidence – Spirituality- Character.
UNIT: II: Principles for Harmony:
Truthfulness – Customs and Traditions -Value Education – Human Dignity – Human Rights – Fundamental Duties – Aspirations and Harmony (I, We & Nature) – Gender Bias – Emotional Intelligence – Salovey – Mayer Model – Emotional Competencies – Conscientiousness.
UNIT III: Engineering Ethics and Social Experimentation:
History of Ethics – Need of Engineering Ethics – Senses of Engineering Ethics- Profession and Professionalism ––Self Interest – Moral Autonomy – Utilitarianism – Virtue Theory – Uses of Ethical Theories – Deontology- Types of Inquiry –Kohlberg’s Theory – Gilligan’s Argument – Heinz’s Dilemma – Comparison with Standard Experiments –– Learning from the Past – Engineers as Managers – Consultants and Leaders – Balanced Outlook on Law – Role of Codes – Codes and Experimental Nature of Engineering.
UNIT IV: Engineers’ Responsibilities towards Safety and Risk:
The concept of Safety – Safety and Risk – Types of Risks – Voluntary v/sInvoluntary Risk – Consequences – Risk Assessment –Accountability – Liability – Reversible Effects – Threshold Levels of Risk – Delayed v/s immediate Risk – Safety and the Engineer – Designing for Safety – Risk-Benefit Analysis-Accidents.
UNIT V: Engineers’ Duties and Rights:
The concept of Duty – Professional Duties – Collegiality – Techniques for Achieving Collegiality – Senses of Loyalty – Consensus and Controversy – Professional and Individual Rights – Confidential and Proprietary Information – Conflict of Interest-Ethical egoism – Collective Bargaining – Confidentiality – Gifts and Bribes – Problem solving-Occupational Crimes- Industrial Espionage- Price Fixing-Whistle Blowing.
UNIT VI: Global Issues:
Globalization and MNCs –Cross Culture Issues – Business Ethics – Media Ethics – Environmental Ethics – Endangering Lives – Bio Ethics – Computer Ethics – War Ethics – Research Ethics -Intellectual Property Rights.
Professional Ethics and Human Values Notes Pdf
|Human values and professional ethics question and answers||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics notes ppt||Download|
|HVPE pdf download||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics notes unit||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics Question Paper Pdf||Download|
List of Reference Books for Professional Ethics and Human Values – B.Tech 3rd Year
- Professional Ethics by R. Subramaniam – Oxford Publications, New Delhi.
- Ethics in Engineering by Mike W. Martin and Roland Schinzinger – Tata McGraw-Hill – 2003.
- Professional Ethics and Morals by Prof.A.R.Aryasri, DharanikotaSuyodhana – Maruthi Publications.
- Engineering Ethics by Harris, Pritchard, and Rabins, Cengage Learning, New Delhi.
- Human Values & Professional Ethics by S. B. Gogate, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Noida.
- Engineering Ethics & Human Values by M.Govindarajan, S.Natarajan and V.S.SenthilKumar-PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd – 2009.
- Professional Ethics and Human Values by A. Alavudeen, R.Kalil Rahman and M. Jayakumaran – University Science Press.
- Professional Ethics and Human Values by Prof.D.R.Kiran-Tata McGraw-Hill – 2013
- Human Values And Professional Ethics by Jayshree Suresh and B. S. Raghavan, S.Chand Publications
Frequently Asked Questions
- Suggest the steps to ensure the safety of the Engineer as well as the safety of the design of the equipment?
- Define – (a) Privileged information (b) Proprietary information
- Write about
(a) Kohlberg’s theory
(b) Use of ethical theories
- Explain Intellectual Property Rights.
- Explain the terms: Integrity, Work ethic, Civic Virtue, Character.
- What are the functions and limitations of ‘code of ethics’?
- Write an essay on Accountability and Responsibility of Engineers towards society.
- Give an account of ‘Computer Ethics’ and the problems associated with the autonomous nature of computers.
- What were the conclusions made by ‘Gilligan’ about men and women?
- Mention the uses of ‘Ethical Theories’.
- What do you understand by ‘acceptable risk’?
- Explain in detail – (a) values (b) ethics (c) value time (d) courage
- What is meant by ‘voluntary risk’?
- What is meant by ‘Whistle Blowing’?
- List any two limitations of ‘Whistleblowing’
All the necessary materials are updated on the website. Candidates can search the web and download the Materials in Pdf format for free or can purchase it directly. Practice all the questions which are mentioned above so that you can get a better idea of the subject. Study Materials prepared by experts will be handy for those who don't have time to cover the entire syllabus. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that these books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information about Professional Ethics And Human Values Books.