MBA Quantitative Techniques: You can download the Study materials and notes for MBA Quantitative Techniques in PDF files from the official website.
MBA Quantitative Techniques Books
The Study materials and Books for Quantitative Techniques are now updated on the official website. These notes are prepared by professionals for you to make your learning process easy. The core paper in Quantitative Techniques of MBA program covers various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and statistics and many. These books may be a life savior for those studies who don't have time to cover the whole syllabus. We have provided the completed the complete notes and study materials in a compact size so that you can prepare it easily.
Quantitative Techniques Books 2018
Quantitative techniques may be defined as those techniques which provide the decision makes a systematic and powerful means of analysis, based on quantitative data. It is a scientific method employed for problem solving and decision making by the management. Quantitative methods feature objective measurements and the statistical, mathematical, or numerical study of data collected through polls, questionnaires, and surveys, or by managing pre-existing statistical data using computational techniques.
MBA Quantitative Techniques Syllabus in Detailed Structure
The MBA Quantitative Techniques Notes syllabus has given in the following Units.
- Unit Lessons: Quantitative Techniques, Measures of Central Tendency, Mathematical Model, Linear Programming: Graphical Method, Linear Programming: Simplex Method
- Unit Content: QT – Introduction – Measures of Central Tendency – Mean, Median, Mode. Mathematical Models – deterministic and probabilistic – simple business examples – OR and optimization models – Linear Programming – formulation – graphical solution –simplex – solution.
- Unit Lessons: Transportation Model, Assignment Model
- Unit Content: Transportation model – Initial Basic Feasible solutions – optimum solution for non – degeneracy and
degeneracy model – Trans-shipment Model – Assignment Model – Travelling Salesmen problem.
- Unit Lessons: Network Model, Waiting Model (Queuing Theory)
- Unit Content: Network Model – networking – CPM – critical path – Time estimates – critical path – crashing, Resource leveling, Resources planning. Waiting Line Model – Structure of model – M/M/1 for the infinite population.
- Unit Lessons: Probability, Theoretical Probability Distributions, Probability Distribution of a Random Variable.
- Unit Content: Probability – definitions – addition and multiplication Rules (only statements) – simple business
application problems – probability distribution – expected value concept – theoretical probability distributions – Binomial, Poison and Normal – Simple problems applied to business.
- Unit Lessons: Inventory Model, Game Theory, Simulation
- Unit Content: Inventory Models – Deterministic – EOQ – EOQ with Price Breaks – Probabilistic Inventory Models- Probabilistic EOQ model – Game theory-zero sum games: Arithmetic and Graphical Method. Simulation – types of simulation – Monte Carlo simulation – simulation problems. Decision Theory – Pay off tables – decision criteria – decision trees.
MBA Quantitative Techniques Notes pdf Download
|MBA study materials notes on quantitative techniques||Download Links|
|Quantitative Techniques Study Material||Download|
|Quantitative Technique Question Papers||Download|
Suggested Books for MBA Quantitative Techniques – 1st Sem
- Bierman & Hausman, Quantitative Analysis for Business Decision.Billy E Gillert, “Introduction to OR”
- Franklyn A Lindsay, “New Technique for Management Decision-making”.
- Herbert G. Hicks, “New Management of Organisation”.
- Joseph L. Massie, “Essentials of Management.”
- R. L. Acnoff & M. W. Sasieni, “Fundamentals of OR”.
- Norbert Lloyd, Enrich, “Management OR”.
- Mario F. Triola, Elementary Statistics, Addison-Wesley January 2006.
- David & Moae, Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, W.H. Freeman & Co. February 2005.
- Allan & Blumon, Elementary Statistics : A Step by Step Approach. McGraw-Hill College, June 2003.
- James T. McClave Terry Sincich, William Mendenhall, Statistics, Prentice Hall February 2005
- Mark L. Berenson, David M. Revine, Tineothy C. Krehbiel, Basic Business Statistics: Concepts & Applications, Prentice Hall, May 2005.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a simulation? Give a few areas of its application.
- With the help of a flow chart, briefly explain the simulation process.
- What are the advantages and limitations of simulation?
- What is Monte Carlo simulation?
- Explain the procedure of simulation using random numbers.
- Explain how simulation is useful in solving queuing and inventory problems.
- What are the properties of the Two-person Zero-sum game?
- Define Pure strategy and Mixed strategy.
- What is meant by the saddle point?
- What is meant by a Fair Game?
- Explain how games can be solved using the dominance property
We have provided the detailed syllabus and the study materials for Quantitative Techniques. Candidates can download the notes and study material in pdf format on the official website or purchase it directly. Candidates can follow the syllabus and start preparing for the exam. We assure you that these books will be helpful for you if it is utilized correctly. Make sure that you share this website with your friends so that it can be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Organizational Behaviour Books.