Below, you can find the B.Tech Civil Engineering Reference Books in the format of PDF and recommended authors. Complete details like the course syllabus, along with eligibility, top colleges providing the course, reference books with authors have been provided below.
MORE DETAILS ON B.TECH CIVIL ENGINEERING
The Bachelor of Technology, which is an undergraduate degree academically, which will be conferred after a program of studies that last 3-4 years at college on an accredited university or accredited university level institution.
The Civil Engineering course is a professional engineering discipline which teaches designing, construction, also maintenance of physical and naturally built environment which includes works like bridges, roads, canals, dams as well as buildings.
COLLEGES THAT OFFER BTECH CIVIL ENGINEERING COURSE
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- National Institute of Technology (NITs)
- SRM University, Chennai
SUBJECTS IN BTECH CIVIL ENGINEERING COURSE
- Vector Calculus and Ordinary Differential Equations
- Introduction to Civil Engineering
- Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming Lab.
- Engineering Graphics – CAD
- Chemistry Lab. / Physics Lab.
- Workshop B/ Workshop A
- Cultural Education II
- Communicative English
- Calculus and Matrix Algebra
- Computational Thinking and Problem Solving
- Physics Lab / Chemistry Lab
- Workshop A/Workshop B
- Engg.Drawing- CAD
- Cultural Education I
- Humanities Elective I & II
- Amrita Values Program I & II
- Complex Analysis and Numerical Methods
- Structural Analysis
- Geology & Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulic Engg.
- Building Technology
- Construction Materials Lab
- Hydraulic Engg. Lab
- SOFT SKILLS I
- Transforms & Partial Differential Equations
- Solid Mechanics
- Principles of Fluid Mechanics
- Construction Materials
- Survey Practice
- Material Testing Lab
- Science Elective
- Design of Steel Structures
- Environmental Engg– I
- Transportation Engg. – I
- Water Resources and Irrigation Engg.
- Estimation & Valuation Practice
- Environmental Engg. Lab
- Soft Skills III
- Probability and Statistics
- Environmental Studies
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Geotechnical Engg.
- Building Drawing
- Geotechnical Engg. Lab
- SOFT SKILLS II
- Live-in –Lab
- Elective 1,2, 3
- Elective 4 /Open elective
- Project Phase 1 & 2
- Construction Management
- Environmental Engg – II
- Transportation Engg. – II
- Structural Design & Detailing
- Professional Project
- Live-in –Lab
B.Tech Civil Engineering Course Eligibility
The minimum Eligibility is (10+2) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- The entrance exam needs to be cleared by the candidate, which is accepted by the desired institution. All Eligible Candidate can attend for the Entrance Test.
- The ranking procedure is the one followed by the Universities for admission.
Reference Books PDF & Recommended Authors for B.Tech Civil Engineering
|Book Title||Author Name||Book Cost|
|Civil Engineering: Conventional and Objective Type||Khurmi R.S. and Gupta J.K.||Rs. 389|
|Textbook of Highway Engineering||Srinivasa Kumar||Rs.308|
|Principles And Practices Of Highway Engineering: (Including Expressways And Airport Engineering||N.B. Lal and L. R. Kadiyali||Rs.385|
|Soil Mechanics And Foundation Engineering||K R Arora||Rs.400|
|Construction Management and Planning||B. Sengupta and H. Guha||Rs.675|
|Civil Engineering: Objective Type and Conventional Questions and Answers||R. Agor||Rs.442|
|Civil Engineering: Conventional and Objective Type||Khurmi R.S. and Gupta J.K.||Rs.389|
|Civil Engineering: Through Objective Type Questions||S P Gupta and S S Gupta||Rs.348|
|Objective Civil Engineering||P.K. Mishra||Rs.187|
|Estimating And Costing In Civil Engineering (Theory & Practice)||BN Dutta||Rs.514|
You can also check our previous article for more information on reference Books for GATE
REFERENCE BOOKS IMPORTANCE
The reference books will help a candidate learn well in searching the topics easily, improve problem solving capacity as well as to practice and become well versed in a certain topic which reference books cover of well-known authors and recommended authors than the usual textbooks available from colleges and universities. The competition of entrance exams are actually really high so the number of reference books you choose to learn matters.