Security Market Operations: You can download the Study materials and notes for Security Market Operations in PDF files from the official website.
Security Market Operations Books
The Books and Study Materials for the fourth semester MBA examination are now available on the official website. Candidates can check the site to get the links to the notes and study materials. We already have updated several books for fourth semester MBA. Candidates can choose from them and prepare. In this article, we are focusing on the subject of Security Market Operations. The core courses in an MBA program cover various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and statistics, etc. These books will help you in better understanding and perform well for the examination.
Security Market Operations Books 2018
A securities market is a method of interconnection between all participants (professional and nonprofessional) that presents adequate conditions: to attract new capital using issuing new security (securitization of debt).Insurance (hedging) of operations through the securities market. Securities are claims on money and are like promissory notes or I.O.U. Securities are a source of funds for organizations, Govt. etc. There are two types of sources of funds namely internal and external and securities emerge when funds are raised from external sources. To excel in this field, you need to have good knowledge about this subject. This examination is the first step for that. For proper preparation, we are providing all the necessary material which are needed for you during the time of preparation. We are also giving the detailed syllabus so that you can prepare according to that.
MBA Security Market Operations Syllabus – 4th Semester
Unit – I
Security Markets – Legal Environment: SEBI Act, 1992, Securities Contract Regulation Act 1956, Companies Act 1956 (various provisions relating to securities), RBI rules and guidelines for Fll’s.
Unit – II
Security Markets – Primary market – its role and functions – Methods of selling securities in primary market – New financial instruments – New Issues – SEBI guidelines for public issues – pricing of issue, promoters’ contribution – appointment and role of merchant bankers, underwriters, brokers, registrars and managers, bankers etc – Underwriting of issues – Allotment of shares – Procedures for new issues – e-trading.
Unit – III
Secondary Market – Role, importance, an organization of stock exchanges – Listing of securities in stock exchanges – Trading mechanism – screen based system – Insider trading; Take-over’s – Internet-based trading.
Unit – IV
Depository: Role and need – The Depositories Act, 1996, SEBI (Depositories and Participants Regulation) 1996 – SEBI (Custodian of Securities) Regulation 1996 – National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL) – Depository participant.
Unit – V
Capital Market Instruments – Equity, Secured Premium Notes, Equity Shares with detachable warrants, Sweat Equity, Non-Voting Shares, Tracking stocks, Preference Shares, Debentures, Disaster Bonds, Option Bonds, Easy Exit Bonds, Split Coupon Debentures, Floating Rate Bonds and Notes, Clip and Strip Bonds, Dual Convertible Bonds, Debt Instruments with Debt warrants, Indexed Rate Notes, Stepped Coupon Bonds, Dual Option Warrants, Extendable Notes, Commodity Bonds, Mortgage Backed Securities, Carrot and Stick Bond, Capital Indexed Bonds, Debt for Equity Swap, Zero Coupon Convertible Notes, Global Depository Receipts, Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds – New instruments of Capital Market – Pure, Hybrid and Derivatives; Money Market Instruments – Treasury bills, Commercial Bills, Commercial Paper, Participatory Notes.
MBA Security Market Operations Notes Pdf
|Security Market Operations Notes Pdf||Download|
|Security Market Operations Lecture Notes||Download|
|Security Market Operations PPT||Download|
|Security Market Operations Text Book||Download|
|Security Market Operations Question Paper||Download|
Suggested Books for MBA Security Market Operations
- Dalton, John M, HOW THE STOCK MARKET WORKS, Prentice Hall, New Delhi.
- Machi Raju, H.R, MERCHANT BANKING; Wiley Eastern Ltd.; New Delhi.
- Chanratre, KR, CAPITAL ISSUE, SEBI & LISTING; Bharat Publishing House, New
Frequently Asked Questions
- If the HSBC were to do business with the People’s Republic of China and have substantial holdings of Chinese Yuan (renminbi) on hand, what risk might this pose for the bank?
- Explain the procedure of Registration of transfer of securities with depository under Depositories Act 1996
- Explain briefly the Powers of Board to give Directions in some instances under Depositories Act 1996
- How could the HSBC manage its currency exchange rate risk?
- As the British retail banks are merged to achieve cost savings and economies, do this increases or decrease the barriers to entry for foreign banks wishing to do business in the EU?
- What is depository? Explain the role and need of a repository?
- Explain briefly the rights & obligations of depositories as per the Depositories Act 1996
- Briefly, explain the procedure of inspection and audit under SEBI (Custodian of Securities and Regulation) Act1996
- Explain the procedure for application of grant of a certificate of registration under SEBI (Depositories Participation and Regulation) Act 1996
- Explain the method of inspection under SEBI (Depositories Participation and Regulation) Act1996
- Briefly, explain the procedure for action in case of default under SEBI (Custodian of Securities and Regulation) Act1996
- Explain general obligations and responsibilities of a custodian under SEBI (Custodian of Securities and Regulation) Act1996
- Explain the procedure of Registration of custodian of services inspection under SEBI (Custodian of Securities and Regulation) Act1996
We have updated all the necessary article which are needed for the preparation for the examination. So without any delay candidates can download the Notes and Study Materials in Pdf format for free or can purchase it directly. The Study Materials will be a life savior for those who don't have time to cover the whole books. Practice all the Questions given to gain some extra confidence for facing the examination. Make sure that you share this link with your friends so that these books will be helpful for them also.
Candidates can keep in touch with our website for more information on Security Market Operation Books.