Here, we have provided the links containing the study materials, which will help you study and prepare for your B.Tech Operation Research 2020 edition examinations. Referring to the connections we’ve provided below and the links containing the study materials in PDF format, and the list of recommended books that we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you with further details that will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything quickly and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Download Operation Research Study Materials
|operation research pdf ebook free download||Download|
|operations research lecture notes ppt||Download|
|operations research problems and solutions pdf||Download|
|operations research pdf ebook download||Download|
|Operation Research Question Paper||Download|
- P. Sankara Iyer,” Operations Research”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- A.M. Natarajan, P. Balasubramani, A. Tamilarasi, “Operations Research”, Pearson Education, 2005.
- J K Sharma. “Operations Research Theory & Applications, 3e”, Macmillan India Ltd, 2007.
- P. K. Gupta and D. S. Hira, “Operations Research”, S. Chand & co., 2007.
- J K Sharma., “Operations Research, Problems and Solutions, 3e”, Macmillan India Ltd
- N.V.S. Raju, “Operations Research”, HI-TECH, 2002
Introduction to Operations Research: Basics definition, scope, objectives, phases, models, and limitations of Operations Research. Linear Programming Problem – Formulation of LPP, Graphical solution of LPP. Simple Method, Artificial variables, big-M method, two-phase method, degeneracy, and unbound solutions.
Transportation Problem. Formulation, solution, unbalanced Transportation problem. Finding basic feasible solutions – Northwest corner rule, least cost method, and Vogel’s approximation method. Optimality test: the stepping stone method and MODI method
Assignment model. Formulation. The Hungarian method for the optimal solution. Solving the unbalanced problem. Traveling salesman problem and assignment problem Sequencing models. Solution of
Sequencing Problem – Processing n Jobs through 2 Machines – Processing n Jobs through 3 Machines – Processing 2 Jobs through m machines – Processing n Jobs through m Machines
Dynamic programming. Characteristics of dynamic programming. Dynamic programming approach for Priority Management employment smoothening, capital budgeting, Stage Coach/Shortest Path, cargo loading and Reliability problems Games Theory. Competitive games, rectangular game, saddle point, minimax (maximin) method of optimal strategies, value of the game. Solution of games with saddle points, dominance principle. Rectangular games without saddle point – mixed strategy for 2 X 2 games
Replacement Models. The Replacement of Items that Deteriorate whose maintenance costs increase with time without change in the money value. Replacement of items that fail suddenly: individual replacement policy, group replacement policy
Inventory models. Inventory costs. Models with deterministic demand – model (a) demand rate uniform and production rate infinite, model (b) demand rate non-uniform and production rate
infinite, model (c) demand rate uniform and production rate finite.
- Explain briefly the characteristics of a queuing system.
- A TV repairman finds that the time spent on his jobs has an exponential distribution with mean 30 minutes. If he repairs sets in the order in which they come in, and if the arrival of sets is approximately Poison with an average rate of 10 per 8 hour day, what is repairman’s expected idle time each day? How many jobs are ahead of the average set just brought in?
- Find the optimal economic order quantity for a product having the following characteristics: Annual demand=2400 unit Ordering cost=Rs.100 Cost of storage=24% of unit cost
- What are the demerits of dynamic programming?
- What are the pre-requisites for applying dynamic programming?
- Discuss the types of simulation models.
- What do you understand by simulation? Explain briefly its advantages and disadvantages.