Here we have provided you the links to download the study materials, lecture notes, textbooks of accounting MBA 1ST Semester. The core courses which come under a MBA 1ST Semester are Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Statistics. The lecture notes based on Accounting MBA 1St Semester can be downloaded and studied easily along with the rest of the study materials which has been provided below such as text books, lecture notes as well as notes in the pdf format for easy access. The download links to the books have been provided below. You can also find further details regarding recommended authors and books, review questions as well as further details have been mentioned below.
MBA Accounting 1ST Semester Managers pdf
Are you aware of what accounting means to managers? Called the language of business, accounting is a certain designation which is applied to accounting since it is recognized as the method of communicating in business information. In order to acquaint the students with fundamental principles of financial, cost and management accounting, with the motive of enabling students to prepare, analyze and interpret financial statements in order to enable students to take decisions by using management accounting tools.
MBA 1st Semester Accounting for Managers Notes
|Accounting for managers pdf free download||DOWNLOAD|
|MBA Accounting for managers book||DOWNLOAD|
|MBA Accounting for managers question papers with solutions||DOWNLOAD|
|Accounting for managers MBA question papers||DOWNLOAD|
Recommended Authors and Books for MBA 1ST Semester Accounting for Managers
- Jelsy Josheph Kuppapally, ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS, PHI, delhi, 2010.
- P.Das Gupta: Studies In Cost Accounting, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.
- Jain & Narang: Advanced Cost Accounting, Kalyani Publishers.
- Jawaharlal: Advanced Management Accounting, S.Chand & Co.
- S.N.Maheswari: Management Accounting And Financial Control, Sultan Chand & Sons.
- V.K.Saxena And C.D.Vashist: Advanced Cost And Management Accounting, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.
- James Jimbalvo: Management Accounting, John Wiley & Sons.
- Khan & Jain: Management Accounting, Tata Mcgraw Hill Publishing Co., New Delhi.
- J.Made Gowda: Management Accounting, Himalaya Publishing House, Delhi.
- S.N.Maheswari: Management Accounting, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.
- N.P.Srinivasan & M.Sakthivel Murugan: Accounting For Management, S.Chand & Co., New Delhi.
- Paresh Shah, BASIC ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS, Oxford, Delhi, 2007.
- Ambrish Gupta, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT, Pearson, Delhi, 2004.
- Narayanaswamy R, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, PHI, Delhi, 2011.
- Jain And Narang: Advanced Cost Accounting, Kalyani
- Maheswari S.N: Management Accounting, Sultan Chand And Sons.
Syllabus MBA 1ST Semester Accounting for Managers
Book-Keeping and Accounting – Financial Accounting – Concepts
and Conventions – Double Entry System – Preparation of Journal, Ledger and Trial Balance – Preparation of Final Accounts –Trading, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet With Adjustment Entries, Simple Problems Only – Capital and Revenue Expenditure and Receipts.
Depreciation – Causes – Methods of Calculating Depreciation –
Straight Line Method, Diminishing Balance Method, and Annuity Method – Ratio Analysis – Uses and Limitations – Classification of Ratios – Liquidity, Profitability, Financial and Turnover Ratios – Simple Problems Only.
Funds Flow Analysis – Funds From Operation, Sources, and Uses of Funds, Preparation of Schedule of Changes In Working Capital and Funds Flow Statements – Uses And Limitations – Cash Flow Analysis – Cash From Operation – Preparation of Cash Flow Statement – Uses and Limitations – Distinction Between Funds Flow and Cash Flow – Only Simple Problems
Marginal Costing – Marginal Cost and Marginal Costing –
Importance – Break-Even Analysis – Cost Volume Profit Relationship – Application of Marginal Costing Techniques, Fixing Selling Price, Make or Buy, Accepting a Foreign Order, Deciding Sales Mix.
Cost Accounting – Elements of Cost – Types of Costs – Preparation
of Cost Sheet – Standard Costing – Variance Analysis – Material Variances – Labour Variances – Simple Problems Related to Material And Labour Variances Only.
[note: distribution of questions between problems and theory of this paper must be 60:40 i.e., problem questions: 60 % & theory questions: 40 %]
Important Questions in MBA 1ST Semester Accounting for Manager
- ‘accounting is a service function’. Discuss the statement in the context of a modern manufacturing business.
- Distinguish between financial accounting and management
- What are accounting concepts and conventions? Is there any
difference between them?
- What is the significance of the dual aspect concept?
- Write a short note on accounting standards.
- What is the position in India regarding the formulation and
enforcement of accounting standards?
- Why is accounting called the language of business?
- Give an account of the various branches of accounting.
- What are the functions of accounting?
- Accounting as a social science can be viewed as an information system. examine.
- Is accounting a staff function or line function? Explain the reasons.