Here, we have provided the links which contains the study materials which will help you in studying and preparing for your examinations of the Agriculture in India. Referring to the links we’ve provided below and the links which contains the study materials of Agriculture in India. PDF Format along with the list of recommended books which we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you the further details which will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything easily and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Free Download Study Materials
Every year, they release notifications for several vacant posts, so required people interested in the job can apply for the job. To ace the exam, every candidate needs to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and information provided in the study materials exclusively for this purpose. To get the study materials that are required, you must download the files provided below. You can click on the links given below to download the files and then study them. We hope you find our resources helpful. Every student who has studied using our study materials finds the exam easy to ace since question banks and solution keys are attached along. Once you’ve mastered the content provided in the study materials we’ve provided for you, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to acing the exam. Use our resources to study well for your exam and get your dream job
AS OF JUNE 2018 -The Current Scenario of Agricultural Sector in India
- India is among the 15 leading exporters of agricultural products in the world.
- Total agricultural exports from India grew at a CAGR of 16.45 per cent over FY10-18 to reach US$ 38.21 billion in FY18.
- The contribution of agriculture to total export was 12.26 per cent in FY17.
- Tea exports from India reached a 36 year high of 240.68 million kgs in CY 2017
- Gross Value Added by agriculture, forestry and fishing is estimated at Rs 17.67 trillion (US$ 274.23 billion) in FY18*.
- Agriculture and allied sector’s GVA at constant 2011-12 prices grew a CAGR of 2.75 per cent between FY12-18.
- Agriculture is the primary source of livelihood for about 58 per cent of India’s population.
- As per Union Budget 2018-19, allocation of Rs 57,600 crore (US$ 8.9 billion) was made for The Agriculture Ministry.
MAJOR CROP TYPES IN INDIA
Food Crops – Rice, wheat, maize, millets, pulses
Cash Crops – Sugarcane, tobacco, cotton, jute
Plantation Crops – coffee, coconut, tea, rubber
Horticulture – Fruits and vegetables
PROBLEMS FACED BY THE AGRICULTURE SECTOR – INDIA
- Rudimentary infrastructure and policies leads to slow agricultural growth
- The average size of land holdings is small
- Poor socio-economic condition of farmers
- Use of technology is inadequate
- Disastrous consequences of hazards
- Excessive Pressure on Land