Here we have provided below the study materials of B.Tech 2nd Year Computer Organization in the form of PDF Format which include lecture notes, notes, books, textbooks, and other study materials which will help you in doing a good job in your examinations since they cover all necessary details. You can learn much easily from these sources and they are updated such that it is of the latest form of syllabus and cover every relevant topics, and so, we request you all to download the files from the links that we have provided below. We have provided direct links below which will lead you to the pdf downloading of the required materials which will help you in your studies. In a B.Tech program, the most important questions along with guides from the most recommended authors and then the syllabus has also been given below.
Study Materials of Computer Organization B.Tech 2nd Year
|Computer Organization pdf notes||Download|
|Computer Organization pdf ebook free download||Download|
|Computer Organization notes for CSE||Download|
|Computer Organization Question Paper Pdf||Download|
|Computer Organization PPT||Download|
More about Computer Organization subject
Introduction to computer organization
Computer instruction set. Machine language. Data processing. Arithmetic unit: Carry look-ahead adders, Subtractors, and shifters. Logic unit. Combinational and sequential multipliers and dividers. Floating-point number representation and arithmetic. Data path design. Control unit design. Microprogramming. Pipelining. Memory Hierarchy. Memory organization, 8086 pin diagram, addressing modes and instruction formats.
Recommended Books and Authors
- Computer Organization and Architecture – William Stallings Sixth Edition, Pearson/PHI
- J .P. Hayes, “Computer Architecture and Organization”, McGraw-Hill, 1998.
- Computer Organization, Carl Hamacher, ZvonksVranesic, SafeaZaky, 5th Edition, McGraw Hill.
- Computer Architecture and Organization, John P. Hayes, 3rd Edition, McGraw Hill.
- Structured Computer Organization – Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 4th Edition PHI/Pearson
- Fundamentals or Computer Organization and Design, – SivaraamaDandamudi Springer Int. Edition.
- “Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface” by David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessy.
Syllabus of B.Tech 2nd Year
- This will help a student to know the architecture of modern computers along with its various processing units. The performance measurement of a computer system is also understood better by the student after learning this.
- Even the memory management system of the computer.
Basic Structure Of Computers: Functional unit, Basic Operational concepts, Bus structures, System Software, Performance, The history of computer development.
Machine Instruction and Programs: Instruction and Instruction Sequencing: Register Transfer Notation, Assembly Language
Notation, Basic Instruction Types, Addressing Modes, Basic Input/output Operations, The role of Stacks and Queues in computer programming equation. Component of Instructions: Logic Instructions, shift and Rotate Instructions
Type of Instructions: Arithmetic and Logic Instructions, Branch Instructions, Addressing Modes, Input/Output Operations
INPUT/OUTPUT ORGANIZATION: Accessing I/O Devices, Interrupts: Interrupt Hardware, Enabling and Disabling Interrupts, Handling Multiple Devices, Direct Memory Access, Buses: Synchronous Bus, Asynchronous Bus, Interface Circuits, Standard I/O Interface: Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) Bus, Universal Serial Bus (USB)
The MEMORY SYSTEMS: Basic memory circuits, Memory System Consideration, Read-Only Memory: ROM, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, Flash Memory, Cache Memories: Mapping Functions, INTERLEAVING Secondary Storage: Magnetic Hard Disks, Optical Disks,
Processing Unit: Fundamental Concepts: Register Transfers, Performing An Arithmetic Or Logic Operation, Fetching A Word From Memory, Execution of Complete Instruction, Hardwired Control, Microprogrammed Control: Microinstructions, Microprogram Sequencing, Wide Branch Addressing Microinstructions with next –Address Field
Result of Studying Computer Organization
- Every student will become capable of knowing and understanding the architecture of a modern computer.
- A student becomes capable of analysing the performance of a computer which could even be modern using the performance equation.
- It makes it possible for a student to understand various different instruction types.
- Students become capable of calculating the effective address of operands by using addressing modes.
- Students understand how computer stores positive as well as negative numbers.
- When we understand how computers perform arithmetic operations of positive and negative numbers.
- Explain the multiplication of positive numbers using an array multiplier with a neat sketch.
- What is virtual memory? With the help of a neat sketch explain the method of virtual to physical address translation.
- Explain the READ and WRITE operations in Associative Memory
- Draw the block diagram of a DMA controller and explain its functioning?
- Discuss any five key differences between a subroutine and interrupt service routines
- Explain memory reference instructions with an example each.
- Write a short note on i) BUN ii) BSA iii) ISZ
- What do you mean by addressing mode? Explain the following addressing modes with examples.
i) Index addressing mode ii) Relative addressing mode
- Explain different functional units of a digital computer with a neat sketch.
- Discuss the advantages, disadvantages, and applications of
i) Excess – 3 code ii) Gray Code (Illustrate with one example each)
- Explain clearly the three types of CPU organizations with examples
- Perform floating-point addition using the numbers 0.5 and 0.4375 use the floating-point addition algorithm.