Here, we have provided the links containing the study materials, which will help you study and prepare for your B.Tech 3rd Year Human-Computer Interaction 2020 edition examinations. Referring to the connections we’ve provided below and the links containing the study materials in PDF format, and the list of recommended books that we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you with further details that will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything quickly and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Research in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in today’s world has fundamentally changed computing. For instance, the spectacular growth of World Wide Web is an outcome of the HCI research – we’re talking about applying hypertext technology to browsers that will let them traverse a link across the world with a click of the mouse.
Download Human-Computer Interaction Notes
|human-computer interaction lecture notes in computer science||Download|
|human-computer interaction questions and answers pdf||Download|
|human-computer interaction lecture notes ppt||Download|
|human-computer interaction ebook download||Download|
|introduction to human-computer interaction pdf||Download|
|Human-Computer Interaction ppt||Download|
Recommended Books for Human Computer Interaction
- Wilbert O. Galitz, “The Essential Guide to User Interface Design”, Wiley India Edition
- Price, Rogers, “Sharps Interaction Design”, Wiley India.
- Ben Schneidermann,” Designing the user interfaces”. 3rd Edition, Pearson Education Asia.
- Soren Lauesen, “User Interface Design” , Pearson Education
- Alan Cooper, Robert Riemann, David Cronin, “Essentials of Interaction Design”, Wiley
- Alan Dix, Janet Finlay, GreGoryd, Abowd, Russell, Bealg,”human-computer Interaction”, Pearson Education.
The User Interface: Introduction, Importance of the User Interface, Importance, and benefits of Good Design History of Human-Computer Interface. Characteristics of Graphical and Web User Interface: Graphical User Interface, the popularity of graphics, concepts of Direct Manipulation, Graphical System advantage and disadvantage, Characteristics of GUI. Web User Interface, the popularity of the web, Characteristics of Web Interface, Merging of Graphical Business systems& the Web, Principles of User Interface Design
The User Interface Design Process: Obstacles and Pitfall in the Development Process, Usability, The Design Team, Human Interaction with Computers, Important Human Characteristics in
Design, Human Consideration in Design, Human Interaction Speeds, Performance versus Preference, Methods for Gaining and Understanding of Users
Understanding Business Functions: Business Definitions & Requirement analysis, Determining Business Functions, Design standards or Style Guides, System Training and Documentation
Principles of Good Screen Design: Human considerations in screen Design, interface design goals, test for a good design, screen meaning and purpose, Technological considerations in Interface Design System Menus and Navigation Schemes: Structure, Functions, Context, Formatting, Phrasing and Selecting, Navigating of Menus, Kinds of Graphical Menus Windows Interface: Windows characteristic, Components of Window, Windows Presentation Styles, Types of Windows, Window Management, Web systems
Device and Screen-Based Control: Device-based controls, Operable Controls, Text entry/read- Only Controls, Section Controls, Combining Entry/Selection Controls, Other Operable Controls and Presentation Controls, Selecting proper controls
Effective Feedback Guidance and Assistance: Providing the Proper Feedback, Guidance and Assistance Effective Internationalization and Accessibility- International consideration, Accessibility, Create meaningful Graphics, Icons and Images, Colors-uses, possible problems with colors, choosing colors
- Describe five main issues that may affect the design, implementation or marketing
- Explain Shneiderman’s three pillars of design
- Discuss the classification of Menus
- Provide three examples of an application where menu selection and form filling are more appropriate than a direct-manipulation strategy
- Elaborate on various pointing devices
- What are the various abbreviation strategies and also discuss on abbreviation guidelines
- What are the guidelines for alphanumeric displays, spreadsheets, and Graphs
- List a few common mistakes of web-based display of information
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of reading on paper and reading on a computer display
- “Online communities are useful for User Assistance” – Justify this statement describing various weaknesses and strengths
- What is Information Visualization? Explain how it caters to the perceptual abilities of humans
- Explain advanced filtering and search techniques