Here, we have provided the links containing the study materials, which will help you study and prepare for your B.Tech 3rd Year Professional Ethics and Human Values 2020 edition examinations. Referring to the connections we’ve provided below and the links containing the study materials in PDF format, and the list of recommended books that we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you with further details that will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything quickly and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Professional Ethics and Human Values
In human values, we are talking about a character-based education that instills fundamental values and ethnic values in one’s psyche. This subject enables a student to realize what is essential or valuable in a person’s life.
Download Professional Ethics and Human Values
|Human values and professional ethics question and answers||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics notes ppt||Download|
|HVPE pdf download||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics notes unit||Download|
|Human values and professional ethics Question Paper Pdf||Download|
- Professional Ethics by R. Subramaniam – Oxford Publications, New Delhi.
- Ethics in Engineering by Mike W. Martin and Roland Schinzinger – Tata McGraw-Hill – 2003.
- Professional Ethics and Morals by Prof.A.R.Aryasri, DharanikotaSuyodhana – Maruthi Publications.
- Engineering Ethics by Harris, Pritchard, and Rabins, Cengage Learning, New Delhi.
- Human Values & Professional Ethics by S. B. Gogate, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Noida.
- Engineering Ethics & Human Values by M.Govindarajan, S.Natarajan and V.S.SenthilKumar-PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd – 2009.
- Professional Ethics and Human Values by A. Alavudeen, R.Kalil Rahman and M. Jayakumaran – University Science Press.
- Professional Ethics and Human Values by Prof.D.R.Kiran-Tata McGraw-Hill – 2013
- Human Values And Professional Ethics by Jayshree Suresh and B. S. Raghavan, S.Chand Publications
UNIT I: Human Values:
Morals, Values, and Ethics – Integrity –Trustworthiness – Work Ethics – Service-Learning – Civic Virtue – Respect for others – Living Peacefully – Caring – Sharing – Honesty –Courage – Value Time – Co-operation – Commitment – Empathy – Self-confidence – Spirituality- Character.
UNIT: II: Principles for Harmony:
Truthfulness – Customs and Traditions -Value Education – Human Dignity – Human Rights – Fundamental Duties – Aspirations and Harmony (I, We & Nature) – Gender Bias – Emotional Intelligence – Salovey – Mayer Model – Emotional Competencies – Conscientiousness.
UNIT III: Engineering Ethics and Social Experimentation:
History of Ethics – Need of Engineering Ethics – Senses of Engineering Ethics- Profession and Professionalism ––Self Interest – Moral Autonomy – Utilitarianism – Virtue Theory – Uses of Ethical Theories – Deontology- Types of Inquiry –Kohlberg’s Theory – Gilligan’s Argument – Heinz’s Dilemma – Comparison with Standard Experiments –– Learning from the Past – Engineers as Managers – Consultants and Leaders – Balanced Outlook on Law – Role of Codes – Codes and Experimental Nature of Engineering.
UNIT IV: Engineers’ Responsibilities towards Safety and Risk:
The concept of Safety – Safety and Risk – Types of Risks – Voluntary v/sInvoluntary Risk – Consequences – Risk Assessment –Accountability – Liability – Reversible Effects – Threshold Levels of Risk – Delayed v/sImmediate Risk – Safety and the Engineer – Designing for Safety – Risk-Benefit Analysis-Accidents.
UNIT V: Engineers’ Duties and Rights:
Concept of Duty – Professional Duties – Collegiality – Techniques for Achieving Collegiality – Senses of Loyalty – Consensus and Controversy – Professional and Individual Rights – Confidential and Proprietary Information – Conflict of Interest-Ethical egoism – Collective Bargaining – Confidentiality – Gifts and Bribes – Problem solving-Occupational Crimes- Industrial Espionage- Price Fixing-Whistle Blowing.
UNIT VI: Global Issues:
Globalization and MNCs –Cross Culture Issues – Business Ethics – Media Ethics – Environmental Ethics – Endangering Lives – Bio Ethics – Computer Ethics – War Ethics – Research Ethics -Intellectual Property Rights.
- Suggest the steps to ensure the safety of the Engineer as well as the safety of the design of the equipment?
- Define – (a) Privileged information (b) Proprietary information
- Write about
(a) Kohlberg’s theory
(b) Use of ethical theories
- Explain Intellectual Property Rights.
- Explain the terms: Integrity, Work ethic, Civic Virtue, Character.
- What are the functions and limitations of the ‘code of ethics’?
- Write an essay on the Accountability and Responsibility of Engineers towards society.
- Give an account of ‘Computer Ethics’ and the problems associated with the autonomous nature of computers.
- What were the conclusions made by ‘Gilligan’s about men and women?
- Mention the uses of ‘Ethical Theories’.
- What do you understand by ‘acceptable risk’?
- Explain in detail – (a) values (b) ethics (c) value time (d) courage
- What is meant by ‘voluntary risk’?
- What is meant by ‘Whistle Blowing’?
- List any two limitations of ‘Whistleblowing’