Here, we have provided the links which contains the study materials which will help you in studying and preparing for your examinations of B.Tech Digital Logic Design. Referring to the links we’ve provided below and the links which contains the study materials in PDF Format along with the list of recommended books which we’ve provided below, you will be able to ace your examinations. We have also provided you the further details which will allow you to do well in your exams and learn more. These study materials help you understand the concepts and everything easily and creates a better space for you to work on. These study materials give you the best resources to study from.
Digital Logic Design
This subject introduces basic tools which help in designing combinational as well as sequential digital logic along with state machines. This is the basis of electronic systems such as computer, cell phone, etc. in every binary code, the digital logic has been rooted.
Download Study Materials Digital Logic
|Digital Logic Design book free download||Download|
|DLD Notes ppt||Download|
|Digital logic design questions and answers Pdf||Download|
|Digital logic design Question Paper||Download|
|Digital logic design Basics Pdf||Download|
|Digital logic design Study Material||Download|
Recommended Digital Logic Design Books
- Digital Logic Design, R.D. Sudhakar Samuel, Elsevier
- Fundamentals of Logic Design, 5/e, Roth, Cengage
- Switching and Finite Automata Theory,3/e, Kohavi, Jha, Cambridge.
- Digital Logic Design, Leach, Malvino, Saha, TMH
- Modern Digital Electronics, R.P. Jain, TMH
- Digital Design, 5/e, M.Morris Mano, Michael D Ciletti, PEA.
- Fundamentals of Logic Design, 5/e, Roth, Cengage.
- Digital Logic and Computer Design, M.Morris Mano, PEA.
- Digital Logic Design, Leach, Malvino, Saha, TMH.
- Modern Digital Electronics, R.P. Jain, TMH.
UNIT- I: Digital Systems and Binary Numbers
Digital Systems, Binary Numbers, Binary Numbers, Octal and Hexadecimal Numbers, Complements of Numbers, Complements of Numbers, Signed Binary Numbers, Arithmetic addition and subtraction
UNIT -II: Concept of Boolean algebra
Basic Theorems and Properties of Boolean algebra, Boolean Functions, Canonical and Standard Forms, Minterms and Maxterms,
UNIT- III: Gate-level Minimization
Map Method, Two-Variable K-Map, Three-Variable K-Map, Four Variable K-Maps. Products of Sum Simplification, Sum of Products Simplification, Don’t – Care Conditions, NAND and NOR Implementation, Exclusive‐OR Function
UNIT- IV: Combinational Logic
Introduction, Analysis Procedure, Design Procedure, Binary Adder–Subtractor, Decimal Adder, Binary Multiplier, Decoders, Encoders, Multiplexers, HDL Models of Combinational Circuits
UNIT- V: Synchronous Sequential Logic
Introduction to Sequential Circuits, Storage Elements: Latches, Storage Elements: Flip‐Flops, Analysis of Clocked Sequential Circuits, Mealy and Moore Models of Finite State Machines
UNIT -VI: Registers and Counters
Registers, Shift Registers, Ripple Counters, Synchronous Counters, Ring Counter, Johnson Counter, Ripple Counter
- Design the sequential circuit in question 6, using T flip-flops.
- Design a mod-5 counter which has the following binary sequence: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Use JK flip-flops.
- Design a counter that has the following repeated binary sequence: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Use RS flip-flops.
- Design a counter with the following binary sequence: 1, 2, 5, 7 and repeat. Use JK flip-flops.
- Design a counter with the following repeated binary sequence: 0, 4, 2, 1, 6. Use T flip-flops.
- Convert the following numbers to decimal. (10101001.0101)2 , (12020)3 ,(1023.2)4 , (40123)5 , (0.354)6 , (45)7 , (8.3)9 ,(A10)12
- Explain about Weighted and non-weighted codes (8M)
- For the Boolean function F = x z + z + xy + w y + wxy
(i) Obtain the truth table of F. (ii) Use Boolean algebra to simplify the function to a minimum number of literals
- Draw the multiple-level NAND circuit for the following expression: w (x + y + z) + XYZ
- Explain about Ripple Adder/Subtractor using 2’s complement method
- Design a 4 input priority encoder with input D0 having the highest priority and D3 the lowest priority.
- What are the limitations of JK flip flop? Explain how can eliminate those limitations
- Conversion of JK flip flop to SR flip-flop
- What is the difference between a serial and a parallel transfer? Explain how to convert serial data to parallel and parallel to serial.
- Design a synchronous BCD counter with JK flip-flop