Here in the given article, you can find the MBA Marketing Research study materials, which are in pdf format, of notes, lecture notes, and textbooks which can be used for your learning purposes at the time of an exam or other purposes. The core courses which are included in an MBA program would be Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations as well as Statistics. Going through these files will greatly improve your studying techniques as well as ideas of studying.
MBA 2ND Semester Marketing Research PDF
Research in its own words is known as a “Systematic Inquiry aimed at providing information to solve managerial problems.” This concept has been defined in numerous ways more than 1. As per the words of Naresh Malhotra, a popular researcher and a professor, the definition of marketing research would be The systematic and objective identification, collection, analysis, and dissemination of information for the purpose of assisting management in decision making related to the identification and solution of problems (and opportunities) in marketing.
Free Download Study Materials MBA 2nd Semester Marketing Research
|Marketing Research Notes for MBA Pdf||Download|
|MBA market research pdf ebook||Download|
|Marketing research sample Text Book pdf||Download|
|Marketing research Model Question Paper||Download|
Recommended books and authors of MBA Marketing Research
- Donald R. Cooper & Schindler, MARKETING RESEARCH CONCEPT & CASES, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, new Delhi, 2006
- S.C. Gupta, MARKETING RESEARCH, Excel Books India, 2007
- Marketing Research by DM Sarawte
- Research for Marketing Decisions by Paul Green, Donald Tull
- Marketing Research by Rajendra Nargundkar (Tata McGraw)
- Business Research Methods by Donald R.Cooper
- ORIENTATION, Pearson Education, Asia.
- Paul E. Green & Donald S. Tull, RESEARCH FOR MARKETING DECISIONS. PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, 2009
- Marketing Research by MV Kulkarni
- Market research by G.C.Beri
- Marketing Research by Ramanuj Majumdar
- Marketing Research by Mishra
- Naresh K. Malhotra, MARKETING RESEARCH: AN APPLIED
Syllabus MBA 2nd Semester Marketing Research
Unit – I
The Marketing Research System – Definition of MR – Basic and
Applied Research – The Marketing Research Process – Types of Research – Steps in Marketing Research Process – Research Design – Data Sources – Marketing Information System – International Market Research.
Unit – II
Sampling Process in Marketing Research– Sampling Design and
Procedure – Sampling Methods – Non-probabilistic sampling Techniques – Probabilitic sampling Techniques – Sample Size determination – Sampling Errors.
Unit – III
Measurement & Scaling in Marketing Research: Measurement
concept – Sources of variation in Measurement, Validity & reliability of Measurement – Attitude measurement – Scaling Procedure
Unit – IV
Data Instruments – Data Collection- Online data collection –
Collection of Secondary Data – Collection of Primary Data Methods – Field Operations – Errors and Difficulties in Data Processing, Coding, and Editing. Data Analysis – -Hypothesis Testing – Report Writing – Presentation of Data.
Unit – V
Application of Marketing Research: Product Research – Motivation research – Advertising Research – Sales Control Research – Rural Marketing research – Export Marketing research.
Important Questions in MBA Marketing Research 2nd Semester
- Explain the concept of a model. What is its use in research?
- What are the limitations of the research?
- How do you make research effective?
- Compare and contrast the exploratory, descriptive, and causal research designs.
- Explain the methods of data collection in exploratory research
- Elaborate the purpose and methods of descriptive research
- State the purpose and methods of causal research.
- Define a cross-sectional design and longitudinal design. What are the relative advantages and disadvantages?
- Discuss how the Internet can facilitate the implementation of
different types of research designs.
- How important is n information system to a company’s success?
- What are the major sources of input for a decision support system?
- Explain the benefits of DSS as an example.
- When do you, as a marketer prefer to conduct marketing research?
- Name some of the marketing research firms and identify their activities.
- What are the recent trends in marketing research?
- Outline the steps in marketing research.
- Briefly, discuss problem definition phase in the marketing research
- How are the objectives and hypotheses formed?
- What are the problems faced by a researcher in interacting with managers for designing a research project?
- Research is not without limitations. In such cases, how can a
marketer rely on research data and the findings? Discuss.
- Collect five research papers and examine how the researchers have stated the research methodology adopted in their studies.
- A problem well defined is problem half solved –Discuss.
- Of all the sources of information, intelligence is the best source as it helps managers, to develop intuitive abilities. Discuss.
- Define marketing research.
- Distinguish between basic and applied research and problem
identification and problem-solving research with suitable examples.
- How does marketing research help in the decision-making stages of managers?
- In what decision areas of marketing, research can help managers?