We have provided below the links which will allow every student to download the PDF Format of the subjects that come in MBA 2nd Semester Production and Operation Management – this includes notes, lecture notes, textbooks and other recommended guides which will help you study better when you’re studying for your examination and other tests. The core courses in an MBA course are Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Statistics. You can find the links which will easily help you download the study materials below.
Production And Operations Management Notes for MBA PDF Format
The cruciality of production and operation management is a process which can combine and transform a lot of resources which are basically used in the production/operation subsystem of the organization into value-added products as well as services in a controlled manner which goes by the policies of an organization. “The set of interrelated management activities which are involved in manufacturing certain products is called production management and for service management, the corresponding set of management activities is called as operation management.” A person cannot demarcate the starting and ending point of production and operation management within an establishment.
MBA 2nd Semester Production and Operation Management
|production and operations management notes for MBA pdf||Download|
|production and operation management notes Pdf||Download|
|production and operation management Text Book||Download|
|production and operation management Model Question Paper||Download|
|MBA production and operation management Lecture Notes||Download|
Recommended Books and Authors of MBA 2nd Semester Production and Operation Management Books
- Production and Operations Management by Panneerselvam R; Publisher: Prentice Hall of India
- Operations Management by Shafer Scott M; Publisher: John Wiley
- Succeeding in Project-Driven Organizations by Knutson Joan; Publisher: John Wiley
- Production and Operations Management by Everette E. Adam, Jr. Ronald J. Ebert; Publisher: Prentice Hall of India
- Production and Operations Management by N.G. Nair; Publisher: Tata Mc. Graw Hill
Syllabus of MBA 2nd Semester Production and Operation Management
Operations and Productivity: Operations Functions and Evolution of POM; Framework for Managing Operations; Operations Strategy; Trends in Operations Management
Product and Process Design: Product Development; Product Design Tools; Design of Services; Flexible Manufacturing; Systems; Process Design: Types of Process, Modern Production Technologies; Process Reengineering
Capacity Design: Capacity Management; Economies and Diseconomies of Scale and Learning Curve; Capacity Strategies;
Facility Location: Location Strategy and its Importance; Factors influencing Plant Location; Globalization; Location SelectionModels
Layout Design: Layout Planning; Layout Types; Design of Product and Process Layouts; Job Design; Work Measurement
Inventory Management: Basic Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) Model; Quantity Discount Models; Spare Parts Inventory; Material Resources Planning; Manufacturing Resource Planning; Purchasing Objectives
Operations Planning and Scheduling Systems: Aggregate Planning and its Process; Master Scheduling; Aggregate Planning for Service Organizations; Operating Schedules; Sequencing Rules; Optimized Production Technology and Synchronous Manufacturing; Just in Time (JIT) Manufacturing System; Basics of SCM and ERP
Important Questions of MBA 2nd Semester Production and Operations Management
- Discuss critically the different models of forecasting.
- What are the possible consequences if a large-scale firm places its product in the market without having estimated the demand for its product?
- Explain the regression method of demand forecasting.
- What do you understand by operation and production management?
- Define operation processes and explain its key components.
- Discuss the various stages in the evolution of production and operation management discipline
- How will environmental issues impact on the future of production and operations?
- What is the function of a Production Manager? Is this function different from the function of a marketing manager?
- Define the term “forecasting” What is its purpose? Describe the uses and limitations
of the weighted moving average method of forecasting
- What is the strategic perspective of operation and production management?
- What are the future trends in production and operation management?