Here you can download the MBA Business Communication Lecture notes in the pdf format for the students to study. In the links provided below, the pdf files have been given for you to download easily. The MBA Business Communication lecture notes have been provided below, along with study materials as well as books. The core courses of an MBA program cover the aspects of Business which includes accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, statistics and many other topics. Please scroll down and find the desired links of the study materials.
MBA Business Communication PDF Format Lecture Notes
According to the definition given by T.S.Mathews, “Communication is something so simple and difficult that we can never put it in simple words.”. Even then, we do necessarily need a definition in order to clearly understand the term. In his book Communication in Business, communication is defined as: “Communication is the process by which information is transmitted between individuals and/or organizations so that an understanding response results.”.
|Business Communication Notes free download||Download Links|
|complete business communication notes||Download|
|Business Communication Text Book Pdf||Download|
|MBA Business Communication Question Paper Pdf||Download|
MBA Business Communication textbooks
- Pal, Rajendra, and Korlahalli, J. S., Essentials of Business
- Fred Luthans, Organizational Behaviour, Boston, McGraw-Hill, 8th edition, 1998.
- Kaul, Asha, Effective Business Communication.
- Lesikar, Raymond V., and Pettit John D, Business Communication: Theory and application, 6th edition, Richard D Irwin publication.
- Sharma, R. C., Business Communication and Report Writing.
- Varinder Kumar, Raj Bodh, Business Communication, Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi, 2001.
- Lesikar, R. V. and Pettite J. D., Business Communication.
- Sharma, R. C., Business Communication and Report Writing.
- Sinha, P., Business Communication.
- Business Communication by K. K. Sinha. Galgotia Publishing Company., New Delhi.
- Business Communication by C. C. Pattensheti. R. Chand and Company Publishers., New Delhi.
- Essentials of Business Communication by Rajindra Pal and J. S. Korlahalli. Sultan Chand and Sons., New Delhi.16
- Effective Business Communication by Herta A. Murphy and Charles E. Peck. Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited., New Delhi.
- Essentials of Business Communication by Pettett and Lesikar. Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited., New Delhi.
- Business Communication by Pettett and Lesikar. Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited., New Delhi.
MBA 1st Semester Business Communication Syllabus
INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION
Objective: The main objective of this lesson is to make the students learn on the subject matter of business communication vis-à-vis its nature and importance.
Structure: Introduction, The Concept of Communication, Significance of Communication, Nature of Business Communications: A Case Study
Effective Communication Skills
Objective: The major objective of this lesson is to create an understanding of the minds of students regarding various communication skills and also let them know the relevance of such skills.
Structure: Introduction, Objective of Business Communication. Effective Communications Skills, Summary, Key Words.
PROCESS OF COMMUNICATION
Objective: The foremost objective of this lesson is to generate thoughtful ideas in the psyche of students as regards the process of communication and the sequencing of different steps that the process of communication contains.
Structure: Introduction, How to Understand Communication Process, A Common Misconception, The Communication Environment, A Well-Designed Communication Process, Summary, Key Words.
BARRIERS AND GATEWAYS TO COMMUNICATION
Objective: The primary objective of this lesson is to breed the attentive thoughts in the consciousness of students relating to barriers and gateways in business communication and to enable them to avoid the occurrence of such events in communication that create a communication gap.
Structure: Introduction, Barriers in Communication., Gateways to Communication Barriers, Making Communication Effective, Summary, Key Words, Self-Assessment Questions, Suggested Readings.
Objective: This lesson educates the students on how to communicate clearly and effectively through commercial letters. It explains the basic skills necessary to write various types of commercial or business letters.
Structure: Introduction, Do’s and Don’ts of Commercial Letter
BUSINESS REPORTS WRITING
Objective: The primary objective of this lesson is to make the students learn the basics of business reports and make them understand how effective reports are written.
Structure: Introduction, Types of Business Reports, Characteristics of A Good Report, Structures of Business Reports
ORAL AND NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION
Objective: The main objective of this lesson is to make the students learn the basics of Oral and Non-verbal Communication.
Structure: Introduction, Oral and Non-verbal Communication
PUBLIC SPEAKING AND PRESENTATION
Objective: The primary objective of this lesson is to make the students learn about the basics of public speaking aspects in business communication and to enable them to avoid the occurrence of such events in public speaking that do not add to the value of the speaker.
Structure: Introduction, Encoding and Translating, Understanding Your Audience, Targeting Your Audience, Designing a Presentation, Preparing the Venue and Seating Arrangement, Final Point and Getting Start
COMMUNICATION: NEGOTIATIONS AND LEGAL ASPECTS
Objective: The most important objective of this lesson is to make the students learn the basics of business negotiation skills in
communication along with its legal aspects.
Structure: Introduction, Phases of a Negotiation, Characteristics of a Negotiation, Opening Negotiations, Legal Aspects of Communication
AGENCY CORRESPONDENCE IN BUSINESS
Objective: The objective of this lesson is to give the learners an understanding of agency correspondence, thereby enabling them to draft various agency related letters.
Structure: Introduction, Essentials of Agency Correspondence, Hints for Drafting Agency-related Letters, Some Sample Letters
Important Questions of MBA Business Communication
- Communication is sharing of understanding”, Discuss this and bring out the process of communication.
- “Management is a two-way traffic; it is based upon the effective machinery of communication.” Discuss this statement.
- What are the main barriers to organizational communication?
- Discuss the psychological barriers to effective communication.
- How do the personal opinions and prejudices of various individuals act as barriers to effective communication? Illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
- What is meant by status-consciousness? How does it impede the smooth flow of communication?
- Explain how the wrong choice of the channel of communication acts as a barrier to communication.
- How does language act as a barrier to effective communication?