Introduction to Robotics
In the recent years, the most efficient physical distribution system would be a truck trailer system. They are way more convenient when compared to coastal services or freight trains, even. All this while, the problems regarding traffic jam and pollution of air in urban areas began to get serious year after year. This called for an improvement and rationalization of transport efficiency which are now today’s social needs. There are a lot of papers being worked on which suggests a platoon system of several trucks as a part of developing ITS (Intelligent Transport System).
A robot is a machine which has been made by one of the members of Robot Institute of America. It is a reprogrammable, multifunctional manipulator which is designed with the motive of moving materials, parts, tools or specialized devices which is done though various variable programmed motions for the performance a large number of tasks – Robot Institute of America, 1979.
Robotics Engineering Books Pdf Free Download
|Books on robotics for beginners||Download|
|Types of robots ppt||Download|
|Introduction to robotics pdf||Download|
|Types of robots pdf||Download|
|Robotics Engineering Question Paper||Download|
Reference Books List for Robotics – B.Tech Electives
- In order to introduce the basic concept and parts, type of robots to the students.
- Making the student familiar with the various drive systems of robot, sensors as well as their application in robots and programming of robots.
- To discuss the various applications of robots, justification and implementation of robot.
Introduction Specifications of Robots- Classifications of robots – Work envelope – Flexible automation versus Robotic technology – Applications of Robots ROBOT KINEMATICS AND DYNAMICS Positions,
Orientations and frames, Mappings Changing descriptions from frame to frame, Operators: Translations, Rotations, and Transformations – Transformation Arithmetic – D-H Representation – Forward and inverse Kinematics Of Six Degree of Freedom Robot Arm – Robot Arm dynamics
Robot Drives and Power Transmission Systems Robot drive mechanisms, hydraulic – electric – servomotor- stepper motor – pneumatic drives, Mechanical transmission method – Gear transmission, Belt drives, cables, Roller chains, Link – Rod systems – Rotary-to-Rotary motion conversion, Rotary-to-Linear motion conversion, Rack and Pinion drives, Lead screws, Ball Bearing screws,
Manipulators Construction of Manipulators, Manipulator Dynamic and Force Control, Electronic and Pneumatic manipulators Classification of End effectors – Tools as end effectors. Drive system for grippers-Mechanical adhesive-vacuum-magnetic-grippers. Hooks&scoops. Gripper force analysis and gripper design. Active and passive grippers.
Path planning & Programming Trajectory planning and avoidance of obstacles, path planning, skew motion, joint integrated motion – straight line motion-Robot languages-computer control and Robot software.
Result after referring to these books
- The student will be able to design automatic manufacturing cells with robotic control using the principle behind robotic drive systems, end effectors, sensors, machine vision robot kinetics and programming.
Robotics Important Questions List
- What is the work envelope? Draw work envelope for Cartesian coordinate, cylindrical coordinate and spherical coordinate.
- What are the common types of arm explain?
- What are the requirement and challenges of end-effector?
- Derive generalized equation for D-H convention.
- Explain with an example of the kinematic equations using homogeneous transformations robot end effector.
- Explain Newton –Euler formulation. Write its applications.
- What is the differential transformation? How are they useful in the context of Robotics?
- Explain about Robot motion planning.
- By considering examples solve fifth-order polynomial trajectory planning.
- Explain about types of the actuator with neat sketch