Here, you can check out the links provided below to check out the links which we have provided for you to get the study materials of notes, books, textbooks, and lecture notes for the subject of Managerial Economics for MBA 1st year studies. Every student of MBA will find this useful for their educational purposes and even exams which are written from outside. The core courses which appear in the MBA course are Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Statistics. You can easily download the study materials from the links which has been provided below. Please stay tuned to our website for further updates.
Notes, Lecture notes, Textbooks, for MBA 1st year, Managerial Economics
An economy is a system which provides support and helps in solving the basic economic problem faced by the businesses. Managers as well as CEO’s of large corporate bodies and other small companies, non profit organizations and service centres does not succeed in business without a clear cut understanding of market forces creating opportunities and constraints for business enterprises. “Managerial economics is the study of how scarce resources are
directed most efficiently to achieve managerial goals.”.
Study Materials of MBA 1st Year Managerial Economics PDF Format
|Managerial Economics Notes for MBA Students||Download Links|
|Managerial Economics Study material pdf Free Download||Download|
|MBA Managerial Economics Model Question Paper||Download|
|MBA Managerial Economic Text Book||Download|
Recommended Books and Authors of Managerial Economics MBA 1st Year
- Managerial Economics, Cengage Learning, Newdelhi, 2005 Geetika, Ghosh & Choudhury,
- Managerial Economics, Tata Mcgrawhill, Newdelhi, 2011Barla C.S., Managerial Economics, National Publishing House, Raipur, 2000.
- Craig Petersen H., W. Cris Lewis, Managerial Economics, Prentice-Hall of India, New Delhi, 2003.
- Dominick Salvatore, Theory and Problems of Micro Economic Theory,
- Schuam’s outline series, McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1992. Dewet K.K., Modern Economic Theory, Shyam Lal Charitable Trust, S. Chand and Company Ltd., New Delhi, 2005.
- Yogesh Maheswari, Managerial Economics, Phi Learning,
Newdelhi, 2005 Gupta G.S.,
- Managerial Economics, Tata Mcgraw-Hill, New Delhi Moyer
- Mote V.L., Samuel Paul and G.S. Gupta, Managerial Economics Concepts and Cases, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, 2001.
- Koutsoyiannis. A Modern Micro Economics, Macmillan Publishers Ltd., London, 1979.
- A. Koutsoyiannis, Modern Micro Economics, Macmillan Publishers Ltd., London, 1979.
- S.K. Misra and V.K. Puri, Economics of Development and Planning, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi, 2002.
- Morris Dobb, “A Note on the so-called Degree of Capital-Intensity of Investment in Underdeveloped Countries”, in On Economic Theory and Socialism, London, 1955.
Syllabus MBA Managerial Economics 1st Sem
Unit – I
General Foundations of Managerial Economics – Economic Approach – Circular Flow of Activity – Nature of the Firm – Objectives of Firms – Demand Analysis and Estimation – Individual, Market and Firm demand – Determinants of demand – Elasticity measures and Business Decision Making – Demand Forecasting.
Law of Variable Proportions – Theory of the Firm – Production
Functions in the Short and Long Run – Cost Functions Determinants of Costs – Cost Forecasting – Short Run and Long Run Costs –Type of Costs – Analysis of Risk and Uncertainty.
Product Markets -Determination Under Different Markets – Market Structure – Perfect Competition – Monopoly – Monopolistic Competition – Duopoly – Oligopoly – Pricing and Employment of Inputs Under Different Market Structures – Price Discrimination – Degrees of Price Discrimination.
Introduction to National Income – National Income Concepts – Models of National Income Determination – Economic Indicators – Technology and Employment – Issues and Challenges – Business Cycles – Phases – Management of Cyclical Fluctuations – Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
Unit – V
Macro Economic Environment – Economic Transition in India – A
quick Review – Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization – Business and Government – Public-Private Participation (PPP) – Industrial Finance – Foreign Direct Investment(FDIs).
Important Questions in MBA 1st Semester Managerial Economics
- List the major objectives of the firm.
- State the law of demand.
- Prepare a demanding schedule for an apple i-pad in the Indian market.
- Distinguish between the shift in demand and a movement along a demand curve.
- Describe the circular flow of economic activity of India.
- Discuss the nature of the firm.
- List the factors which determine market demand for a commodity of your choice.
- Distinguish between micro economics, macro economics and
- How does managerial economics relate to other disciplines for propounding its theories?
- Identify the areas of decision making where managerial economics prescribes specific solutions to business problems.
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of a managerial economist.
- Define demand.
- What is managerial economics? Why does study managerial economics?